CrazyL

Who has been on the most SCR's?

Any one know?

Well If I may. I returned to the sport in 2000 with only 169 jumps. By 2002 I had 1100. I guess I picked up after my father because my jumps were 4 way video and jumping with the newbies. For some reason I started logging the successful SCR's that I had organized. Well as of 2005 I had 86 logged. I then thought, SkyFest 05 is this year I wonder if I can hit 100 during the event. July came around and I still only had 86, thinking that will be a tough one to get during the event, (especially since I am one of the two founders) while organizing the boogie. Well believe it or not I walked away with a total of 102 SCR's that I organized since I started, since then I am up to 105. I have not counted SCR's that I didnt organize so I really dont know how many I have actually been a part of.

As I mailed all the forms from SkyFest to Bill Newell, I mentioned that I hit my goal. He replied that I may not have the most but he bets I am one of a very few who actually tracked them and he doubts that anyone will beat it. He is thinking of making a 50 or 100 patch for those individuals. He also will attend SkyFest 06 this year and wants to hand out patches on the spot liked they did back in the days.

July 2006 marks 40 years since Bob Boquor's drowning while filming a movie (which he saved the footage from what I heard). we will be celebrating his life during SF 06 this year and all the other pioneers that are with us or not.

Would it be great to say that I have the most? You bet! But my goal is to keep people jumping and SCR's and newbies I believe are the way to do it. One jumper at a time. Ok I lied I want 200 SCR's

Sorry so long

I don't know but I would vote for J.

As of Skyfest05, I've set my sights on catching him though - I've got 12 and counting...SCRs are fun and the smile on the faces makes it all worthwhile...
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I don't know but I would vote for J.

As of Skyfest05, I've set my sights on catching him though - I've got 12 and counting...SCRs are fun and the smile on the faces makes it all worthwhile...

DITTO!!! I have about 6 I think. :D The problem is that all of the SCRs I do, are with J. So much for catching up to him! :S:D

One SCR in particular at SkyFest 05 stands out in my mind. BRYANGOESBOOM had an awesome SCR jump!! :):PB|

Any one know?

Well If I may. I returned to the sport in 2000 with only 169 jumps. By 2002 I had 1100. I guess I picked up after my father because my jumps were 4 way video and jumping with the newbies. For some reason I started logging the successful SCR's that I had organized. Well as of 2005 I had 86 logged. I then thought, SkyFest 05 is this year I wonder if I can hit 100 during the event. July came around and I still only had 86, thinking that will be a tough one to get during the event, (especially since I am one of the two founders) while organizing the boogie. Well believe it or not I walked away with a total of 102 SCR's that I organized since I started, since then I am up to 105. I have not counted SCR's that I didnt organize so I really dont know how many I have actually been a part of.

As I mailed all the forms from SkyFest to Bill Newell, I mentioned that I hit my goal. He replied that I may not have the most but he bets I am one of a very few who actually tracked them and he doubts that anyone will beat it. He is thinking of making a 50 or 100 patch for those individuals. He also will attend SkyFest 06 this year and wants to hand out patches on the spot liked they did back in the days.

July 2006 marks 40 years since Bob Boquor's drowning while filming a movie (which he saved the footage from what I heard). we will be celebrating his life during SF 06 this year and all the other pioneers that are with us or not.

Would it be great to say that I have the most? You bet! But my goal is to keep people jumping and SCR's and newbies I believe are the way to do it. One jumper at a time. Ok I lied I want 200 SCR's

Sorry so long

I imagine Bill Newell has been on a few himself ;)

Soon, we will have them all online for you (including all the other awards Bill administers). The site is there at: http://www.scr-awards.com/ The database has been created and has a lot more awards entries than the old one. Just have to get the site and the database married properly and you should be able to look up any of the awards Bill administers online.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

I imagine Bill Newell has been on a few himself

Soon, we will have them all online for you (including all the other awards Bill administers). The site is there at: http://www.scr-awards.com/ The database has been created and has a lot more awards entries than the old one. Just have to get the site and the database married properly and you should be able to look up any of the awards Bill administers online.

Yup, very well aware of the data base and good friends with Keith who helped him start it. Take a look at the awards given out from 2001 to present, awarded in the third weekend in July. You will notice that the locations, Dallas, and Houston are the DZ's they were done at. Those were done during SkyFest. ;) The last jump Bill made was on an SCR that I co-organized during SkyFest at SDD. Boy you got to love that man. Very funny jump, and a great party afterwards. It was a great honor to do an SCR with him. :)Bill has also given us permission to start the Second Generation SCR's. An SCR award for second generation skydivers, we have teh certificate designed already, just not sure we can manage that right now.

Glad to know that this piece of history is being tracked. My hats off to you for your assistance and your contribution to the sport in your history. Would love to hear your stories sometime.

You might just get that chance. I'm thinking of making some jumps and Z-Hills was my home dropzone when I was active (73-80). Scotty and Tammi have offered to do my re-train and AFF jump to get me started again. I don't know if I can resist such temptation....

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

aw c'mon Rog....you're gonna LOVE it and you know it...BTW...how much "disposable" income do you have?

:D:D:D:D

Hi Andy,

Yeah, that's a consideration for sure. When I was on Hoopers 10 man speed star team (Ten High), we were making 5 or 6 jumps each day on the weekend and I would make a couple more usually... 12 to 20 jumps a weekend. At that time (1975), loads to 10,500 were around $8.00 and 12,500 were around $10.00. On top of that, I lived in Miami building Wonderhogs for Bill Booth at the time, so I had to drive or fly up every weekend. I think if I got back in at that level, I'd be divorced inside two months...

However, making a few here and there is tempting and might not break the bank if I can control myself ;)

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

Yesterday a fella ask me if i'd ever been pie'd. I said how many times? Have you ever had a case 'o beer poured over your head? He and his buddy never heard of such an occasion.'What a waist of beer' one said. Told him that 'I assure you it is not a waist 'o beer'. Went on to explain SCR and resulting ceremony. I invited them to go to Texas for the Skyfest '06 to find out all about it. Garanteed to have a good time!

Database is up and running, just a few thousand records to add :)

Hey just checked out the site.....You made it to the 70's!!!! That has got to be one pain in the arse,,,,

Hopefully I can add some more this year and keep you behind:P:P:P

Nice job, cant wait till you have it done.

Let me know when you make it to Zhills, first beer on me!

Database is up and running, just a few thousand records to add :)

Hey just checked out the site.....You made it to the 70's!!!! That has got to be one pain in the arse,,,,

Hopefully I can add some more this year and keep you behind:P:P:P

Nice job, cant wait till you have it done.

Let me know when you make it to Zhills, first beer on me!

I'm starting to like you and I'm not sure we've ever met, but maybe...

As for the database, Bill and Patty are doing the "grunt work" part of it. When they get a load of entries in a spreadsheet (copied from spiral bound notebooks and stuff like that), they send them to me and I bulk load them to the database. Bill is the man as far as I'm concerned, can't believe he has kept this all together for so many years by hand! I'm just a humble helper in this.

I hope SCR, SCS, etc. make a comeback in the skydiving community, I know I treasure mine. And to think, when I got them how high I thought the numbers were B|

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

Thanks for all your work on the Starcrest database,Roger:)
I have some new photos posted to my personal gallery, your Loadstar might be among them
Take a look and let me know;)

You're welcome!

Yeah, I see our Loadstar in there. Quite a few pictures of Z-Hills in the Commercial Center era there, brings back fond memories :)
I lived in that loft for nearly two years packing T-10 student rigs and reserves for a living before going off to Miami to build the first Wonderhogs for Booth. Saw a lot of interesting things there and met a ton of great people.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark