markd_nscr986

Old Hoop Divers Post

Just curious on how many of us are still around

If you participated in any day/night hoop skydives way back when and received a number for your efforts post it hereB|

Mine are SCSA #51 and NSCSA #14

From the website it looks like 300 something for the day dive and 100 something for the night dive
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

That would be me. Droopy risers and open main flap and all.
Cathy Chapline and Linda Smith were holding (at least I'm pretty sure it's Linda)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It wasn't "way back when" but I got numbers for them.

Now you're making me feel "old":P:D:D

Nice photo of the night dive tooB|

No need to feel old. My first attempt at a night hoop was in 1979 I think with some guys from Texas. Joe Sevec and a guy who called himself Tenefly.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Did a couple attempts during daylight but never got it. So, we did it at night. Z-hills, 12-20-80.
NSCSA #39

Extra info: Joe Svec, NSCSA #5, died while doing stuntwork on "The Right Stuff"; 01-14-83. His name appears on the bottom of the NSCSA membership cards.
www.SkydiveLostPrairie.com

We did one in seventies Greg King and Greg Smith holding the hoop.We had 11,I was last out and gregs were waving me through at breakoff time....they held the round down to 1400 but I got to grips,therefore no number.They received numbers in low twenties.It was a gas for me anyway.

:o:o:o

Fast Phil on dropzone.com? What has the world come to? What's you up to these days?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If you participated in any day/night hoop skydives way back when and received a number for your efforts post it hereB|

From the website it looks like 300 something for the day dive and 100 something for the night dive

Only have a night number! Did several in the day time but never sent the form or $$..

My night number is #7
Mike Branch
NSCSA #7

Only have a night number! Did several in the day time but never sent the form or $$..

My night number is #7

Bet I was on one or more of the day hoop jumps. None of us sent them in I think...

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Roger, that is correct... Billy Lee and I made quite a few jumps together in Texas. Matter of fact, i sold him my Buachman (not sure of the spelling) rig when i quit jumping. He keep it for years but was desetroyed/lost in one of the hurricanes recently.. BUMMER!!!!
Mike Branch
NSCSA #7

Roger, that is correct... Billy Lee and I made quite a few jumps together in Texas. Matter of fact, i sold him my Buachman (not sure of the spelling) rig when i quit jumping. He keep it for years but was desetroyed/lost in one of the hurricanes recently.. BUMMER!!!!

Cool.

Buchmann is the spelling. Rig name was Eagle. I built about 100 of them for Bill. I also built the first 100 or so Wonderhogs for Bill Booth.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519