efs4ever

Texxas 20 way McGregor

Hi DRJUMP,
I've also got a log book with a 22 man star over Cleveland dated March 17, 1974. I've even got the manifest for the DC3 on that day. I ran the drop zone. This wasn't the first 20 man in Texas, though. That one was in Caddo Mills on June 10, 1973. That one is in my book, too. I don't remember any big ways in Magregor. We made several team 8 ways on Kalidoscope. I'm the guy with the mustache in the black jump suit on the left.
What is your name? We have a reunion coming up on April 17th if you are interested.
John Mincher
SCR 422
[email protected]

Hi Jim,
I just found this website, so I'm a little late replying. (3 years late!) I'll take a stab at naming everyone. It's definately the Valley Mills team that won first place in Z-Hills, Fl in about 1970 or 71. Starting upper left and going clockwise: David Arrington, RIP, Ron Cox, Jack Peck, Phil Mayfield, "Dirty Fred" Grant, Greg Hackett, Gary Lewis, and I think, Charlie Waters. These guys were the core of RW competition in Texas. Four of these remained as the team evolved through the next several years of Texas #1 team dynasty and big way dives through 79 or 80. I was part of them as the Texas Team and Kalidoscope. Great times. Great brothers.
John Mincher
SCR 422
[email protected]