outlawphx

Lowest D-Licence w/o Jumping Rounds

Not sure, but offhand, jumpers likely would have started on squares around 1980 or so and not jumped a round... If anybody has an old Parachutist around from that era, they can find the D #'s in there.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Not sure, but offhand, jumpers likely would have started on squares around 1980 or so and not jumped a round...

That would be around D-7000. But I don't think there were any student operations using square canopies yet at that point. I started in 1978, and we were required to make 75 Paracommander-type jumps before moving to a ram-air. Student jumps were still on T-10's.

Who was the first to use ram-air's for students? Roger Nelson?

I think that the first in the US was in AZ....starts with an M...shit, I'm having a senior moment.....

Just came to me...Marana. I also seem to remember reading about Bill Dause's experiences with students on ram airs at about the same time. The canopies in question were Django LR-288's...which became Mantas after Django lost its lawsuit to ParaFlite.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Not sure, but offhand, jumpers likely would have started on squares around 1980 or so and not jumped a round...

That would be around D-7000. But I don't think there were any student operations using square canopies yet at that point. I started in 1978, and we were required to make 75 Paracommander-type jumps before moving to a ram-air. Student jumps were still on T-10's.

Who was the first to use ram-air's for students? Roger Nelson?

I'm D 7014, and I have over 100 round jumps before converting.

in 1985, using Roger Nelson's video FJC aid, we put some students out on squares in Dallas.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

First jump was 12-12-84, with a square main. Have to look up what it was. This was in commerce Tx. Bob Chaffin and Jerry Schrimsher put me out in it. I was not the first student they put out with a square, would have to inquire on when they started.

Didnt get my D until I got back in the sport in 93, so probably wont help much.

good question

Could we make a list? For example, I am D-22691 and have never jumped a round. Who has a lower number than me, with no round jumps? We could at least get a sampling. I'm interested to find an answer, too.

I know it's not you, J, cause my D# is lower than yours. :D

beat this USPA 44632:P
D 23924:S just thought about it, I do have one round jump just never landed it:o, the d bag was a paper bag.

I got my Australian E licence accuracy jumps with my Para-commander.

;););)

Anybody else still jumping a pc's?

Me, occasionally.

Not if I have to land them....:S

Wear a good pair of boots. I've crashed harder under a square than a PC.

ankle cant take that:|

D-10182 Crutch
D-15712 Outlawphx
D-22296 Marks
D-22691 Jumpergirl
D-23924 Upndownshop
D-18895 BillyVance

Also, jkwskydive (John Woo) has never jumped a round as far as I know and he's D-10554
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban