2 2
davidlayne

7th Army Parachute Team. Germany.

Any members of the 7th Army Parachute Team lurk this site? 7th. Army Parachute Team, Bad Krueznach, Germany. 1968-1973.
I don't care how many skydives you've got,
until you stepped into complete darkness at
800' wearing 95 lbs of equipment and 42 lbs
of parachute, son you are still a leg!

Hi, I was over there in the early 70 as a dependent, I remember the team but only 3 come to mind at the time, Waters he is retired near FT.Bragg, Fisher retired in Indiana,one of the members i can not remember the name he joined the golden knights and was killed in that bad plane crash with all the knights on them. and I also remember Calahan he was on Fr. Bragg around the 80s dont know where he is now. Hope that helps. Also if you know of a web sit about the 7th army parachute team please let me know. My e-mail [email protected] thank you

Mike Wasley was the name of the ex 7th Army Team Member killed in the Golden Knights crash. Cal Callahan lives in Texas, his son is a current Golden Knight.
I don't care how many skydives you've got,
until you stepped into complete darkness at
800' wearing 95 lbs of equipment and 42 lbs
of parachute, son you are still a leg!

I love those routines.

Baton pass under (round) canopy
diamond track around the intentional cutaway

Now THOSE are real men :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It's great to see that some of you old buzzards are still around. I helped form the team in 1966. I still have copies of the original brochure that we handed out to spectators and the original pennant. Any of the original members, like Callahan, still around?

Denne Sweeney

Mike Wasley was the name of the ex 7th Army Team Member killed in the Golden Knights crash. Cal Callahan lives in Texas, his son is a current Golden Knight.

Actually, Cal's son Shaun is now a member of the USASOC Parachute Team "The Black Daggers" on Fort Bragg. He left the USAPT about a year ago.

Chuck

David, are you still around and kicking? Haven't seen you for about 10 years when I used to travel down to your parts on business.

Trying to remember when we were on the team together. When was it, 71 - end of 73 when it disbanded? I think we raised just a little "hell" together......

Jeff Devon

I dont know if any of the members of the "Challengers" are still hanging around this topic or not. I am the son-in-law of Hershel Fisher and have been doing some looking into the team for his daughter and wife. 

For those that knew Hershel I regret to inform you that he completed his final mission here on earth on Monday October 26th 2020. Obituary He spoke often of the time he spent with the team throughout Europe and beyond. Through the years that I have known him I have met several of the old team, Dan "Willie" Williams, Bill Waters, and Roy Peak.

I have found many old photos of the team at various competitions let me know if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Michael Smith

PXL_20201024_002422301.jpg

On 11/2/2020 at 9:46 AM, Enginerd said:

I dont know if any of the members of the "Challengers" are still hanging around this topic or not. I am the son-in-law of Hershel Fisher and have been doing some looking into the team for his daughter and wife. 

For those that knew Hershel I regret to inform you that he completed his final mission here on earth on Monday October 26th 2020. Obituary He spoke often of the time he spent with the team throughout Europe and beyond. Through the years that I have known him I have met several of the old team, Dan "Willie" Williams, Bill Waters, and Roy Peak.

I have found many old photos of the team at various competitions let me know if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Michael Smith

PXL_20201024_002422301.jpg

Hi Michael, 

Sorry for the loss of Hershel Fisher. My name is Kenneth and my father was Michael Wasley, 7th Army Parachute Team with Fisher. I am in search of any photos that you may have. Some of the photos posted by others where taken by father, he did the photography, rigger and competitor. It is my understanding that my Dad made the log book covers. 
Please let me know the best way to contact you. 

Blue Skies!

Kenneth Wasley

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay, had to get several slides converted to digital. 

The back of the attached photo reads, 

"Lowe or Howe or Long", Wasley, Fisher and Capt "Mike"

after 3rd round, Innsbruck '71

I have upload several other photos from various shows to the link below. Sorry for the quality they were poorly stored slides. Still going through boxes and boxes of pictures and slides. I will add to the Album as I find more.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ijscTwomwK3Pq5ou5

1626210035620-b4ca77ef-d606-4066-8471-fb9d85dccc03.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Enginerd said:

Sorry for the delay, had to get several slides converted to digital. 

The back of the attached photo reads, 

"Lowe or Howe or Long", Wasley, Fisher and Capt "Mike"

after 3rd round, Innsbruck '71

I have upload several other photos from various shows to the link below. Sorry for the quality they were poorly stored slides. Still going through boxes and boxes of pictures and slides. I will add to the Album as I find more.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ijscTwomwK3Pq5ou5

1626210035620-b4ca77ef-d606-4066-8471-fb9d85dccc03.jpg

Hi Engenerd,

Definitely Ray Lowe on the left in your photo.

I'm known him since the mid-60's.  In fact, I'm the one who wrote to him & told about the 7th Army Team looking for jumpers.  He contacted them & the rest is history.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 2