MissBuffDiver

Who has jumped with a famous person?

Jock and I served in the army together and I talked him into making his first jump with the Berlin Parachute Club in 1967. After getting out and touring Africa for a year, he stayed in my house in Florida while waiting for his start date with the State Department. As I'm sure you're aware, after his time in Pretoria, he became Kissinger's PA. Last time I saw him was in Sarajevo in 1996 when he was UN Deputy High Commissioner for Bosnia.
Jim Hooper

Councilman, I was there in 84 and witnessed both fatalities. One got knocked unconscious on exit and never got anything out and the other had a pilot chute in tow and didn't get her reserve out in time. IIRC they happened within about 20 minutes of each other.

I took Dean Fearing, more or less a world famous chef, on a tandem in 1992.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Councilman, I was there in 84 and witnessed both fatalities. One got knocked unconscious on exit and never got anything out and the other had a pilot chute in tow and didn't get her reserve out in time. IIRC they happened within about 20 minutes of each other.

I took Dean Fearing, more or less a world famous chef, on a tandem in 1992.

I was there at freeport in 84.. seems like both happened back to back.. not 20 minutes..I recall one the girls was Mary Bacon. meet her at Musokgee OK at Nationals

I was there at freeport in 84.. seems like both happened back to back.. not 20 minutes..I recall one the girls was Mary Bacon. meet her at Musokgee OK at Nationals

I was in the plane where the girl got knocked out on exit. Got down....got my other rig and was in the flagged loading lanes when the other girl went in. I watched that one up close. I agree with the 20 minutes between. Long time ago now.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

As our DZ is just 6 miles north of MIS NASCAR race track I got to take Kasey Kahen for a jump on a Saturday before a Sunday race. I have made a few with Bob Sinclair and his buddies. As regards to Paul Williams long hair at the time. He let it grow because it was to embarassing for a man his age to sit on a board in the barber shop chair. I got to jump with Roger Nelson using a short lined rag in a bag bare foot in 1972 at Hinckley 8-man scrambles with his brother Carl too.

I got to video Mandy Patinkin and his sons tandems a few years ago at Richland Wa.

didnt even know he was an actor till the tandem instructor was nearly exploding with excitement (he was a big fan)

Lately every time I turn on the tv I see him... Boy was he scared... his son loved it and had a great time.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

depends on what you mean by famous. i jumped with steve snyder ,elek puskas and dick morgan.famous to us older jumpers.

I never jumped with Steve but did fly for him once in a while.

Nick Piantanida was probably the most famous (to us older jumpers) person I ever jumped with. Last time I jumped with him was at the old PI DZ in Lakewood New Jersey. Three of us exited a c182 from 12.5k. Nick was spotting, and he put us way the hell out. We didn't it know it on the way to altitude, but Nick was jumping an experimental rig called a Barrish Sailwing. (This was pre-squares) Nick landed in the peas. Me and the other guy landed in the woods. Ha, ha. I was really pissed at him at the time.

A few weeks later, Nick was in a coma after his face mask blew out at 57k during his third high altitude record attempt. He never woke up.

I have actually jumped with Jimmy Coiner "the midwest freefly legend" a few times. he is pretty well known around here.. hence the midwest legend title.
Here is a pictuer of jimmy with his medal from eloys money meet, he got 2nd place in his first ever comp.
jimmy will be on skydive radio this next week as well.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

This thread went dormant and got resurrected once before, so I'll do it again...

Col. Joe Kittinger's son jumped in Littleton, CO while I was there. We might have jumped together, but I don't remember.
"Hap" Arnold's grandson(?) was also a jumper at the time. We did make some jumps together.

Recently I discovered that Mike Mangold (Red Bull Air Racing) and I were in a 3-way together on his 27th jump, back in '75.

Jeff

I hooked up with Richard Bach in freefall around 1975. He was the author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull and owned so many planes his fleet was called "Richard Bach's Air Force".
DZGone.com
B-4600, C-3615, D-1814, Gold Wings #326, Diamond Wings #152.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!