MissBuffDiver

Who has jumped with a famous person?

Who has jumped with a famous

cool]:P
You missed Sunday, did some 4 way with Frank.

Sparky[/reply
-----------------------------------------------------
Frank ? Now theres FAMOUS. just ask Ray Farrell

We'll be down for the weekend the 9th, Mike, if you got ant jumps left in ya.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Jumped with Lewis Collins of 'The Professionals' TV series. It was for a charity thing run by the Daily Mail in the UK. I have never jumped with someone with such a fast fall rate in a relaxed position. He's a fairly stocky guy and I'm only 150lbs, but I could only stay with him comfortably in a kind of stand up!!

http://www.personal.u-net.com/~carnfort/Professionals/lewis.htm

I made several jumps with Daryl Henry.He was writer director for the TV show Emergency. The show ran seven seasons.

He also wrote an article called Command the Commander. This was the bible for new PC owners in the early days.

Daryl was a member of the 1960 Canadian Team at the fifth world meet.

Anyone know what happened to Daryl?

Don

Hmmm, I must have one of those around somewhere.

But not good memories. My friend Connie Bushy died there. With about 20 of us from our MI DZ on the load, including her husband of nine months.

IIRCC there was a second fatality there that year two.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I did a jump with Don Henderson (SCR007) and Troy Hartman (skysurfer and MTV's Senseless Acts of Video stunt dummy) in Lodi in 1993. Troy wasn't famous yet. Don was already infamous.

Did some tunnel time with Purple Patty last year.

I've also jumped with Carey Peck (Gregory Peck's son). Lots of people can say that, he is a big way jumper/organizer... but can they say he's sucked on their ear? My mother about fell over when she saw that going on. :D:D

Sandy,

Your eyes need to be checked out by a doctor ;)

Hey JOHN ;) My eyes are fine. You all look great. I'd do ya. :$ I need to read a manual though. I haven't done ANYTHING for a loooooong time. :P *** They say it's like riding a bike, you never forget. You just climb on and start pumpin'. [ I mean peddlin'] ;)
Sandy

Well, maybe not famous, ...but notorious.

My jumping career was too short to jump with "famous people", but one hot summer day after VA Tech closed for the year, I did go out to the drop zone in Dublin VA and waited around in the early morning heat for a load to form up.
Waited and waited and waited thinking everyone had left until next fall, ..and then along comes this older country couple in their Pioneer jumpsuits...husband and wife team.

On the way up, he proceeds to tell me about his first jump, the one where he tried to do a "John Wayne" stand up on landing ...under a cheapo.

Broke both his legs on that jump.
His wife hurt her back.

Despite a long spot that put us all on the far end of the runways in some really hot, thin summer air, we all did goof PLFs and did just fine.

Turns out it was Buron Ervin and his wife...he eventually did the first BASE that was done off of New River Gorge Bridge.
Sorry, no pic but the story is here:

http://members.citynet.net/skydiver/

Also jumping there at the time was Terry Queijo; she went on to make history in the first all women flight crew on a commercial flight (American Airlines) and more recently as alternate pilot for the commerative (as seen on PBS TV) - 100 year anniversary Wright flyer recreation with one Scott Crossfield (Mr. Right Stuff/X-15 jockey advising).

(memory a bit fuzzy from the times)
I'm with'ya Bro.....I was there (70's) but wouldn't be a reliable eye witness!;)

Snapped a shot of the poster....now the trick will be
getting it to upload on this thang:S

(notice that the swelling seems to have gone down in the Brothers foot:D)

There's a lot of the old FB Convention artwork at www.freak-brother.com

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.