MissBuffDiver

Who has jumped with a famous person?

I made a couple jumps with Paul Williams, singer/composer/actor, in the 70's @ Elsinore. He signed my 500th jump. The Pillsbury Doughboy. That's what he looked like when he was all geared up in white. :D He used to hang out with us in the ghetto, with his wife Katie. My girls used to poke him in the belly and he would do the Doughboy giggle. :) So crowded, you could barely get into it. :S I also remember Patrick Swayze's brother. Didn't jump with him. :(
Sandy

depends on what you mean by famous. i jumped with steve snyder ,elek puskas and dick morgan.famous to us older jumpers.when i was rigging at taft in 1993 i met mark paul gossalaar(Zack on Saved by the bell)he was a student at the time.also met jerry gross and mark stevens (The Dovells)when they jumped in new jersey.

McGruff, the crime dog... who woulda thunk? :D

I haven't jumped with anybody famous in mainstream America... unless they know most of the Space Shuttle astronauts that have flown into space, which number several dozen. Our own Fred Leslie, a shuttle astronaut who I know went up in space at least once, has been skydiving for years.

Heck, he and his flight team once showed up on the Home Improvement sit-com show and put Tim Allen to shame... :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I rode the "Birdmachine" DC-3 to altitude with one of the gals who played one of JohnBoys sisters on the Waltons, didn't actually jump with her though.........dang thats weak.

Wait! Same boogie, (1985 10th annual FreakBro's)
inbetween jumps I played hacky with the all the guys from Mirror Image...they were the world champion 10 way team that year !

The funnest,craziest brush with "famous-osity" I ever had was helping my brother teach Dennis McGlynn's fjc...and Dennis and I made our first balloon jump together. We knew he was wired "different" than most others when he refused to let a simple broke leg (cast ....toe to upper thigh) keep him on the ground. Ohh, and student gear was 28' rounds....made for a fancy PLF!
Edit to add.....he didn't have the broke on leg the day he did his fjc.......we were loose with the rules back then....but we knew where to draw the line. No wear'n leg cast's on your first jump, and no opening a fresh
beer after we'd already turned on jump run.

That was probably Judy Norton Taylor that played Mary Ellen, the eldest sister. She was a skydiver at one point . . . I remember watching a documentary of sorts in which she was broadcasting from the aircraft and under her deployed canopy. I think that was at Perris if I remember correctly, about 15 years ago.
Arrive Safely

John

Sparky, my dear OLD friend has jumped with everybody!!!! :o Saw your pic on Air Trash. Did you find the fountain of youth? You and Butt, Frisby, Badman B., and Brasher...I swear you guys don't look much different than I remember you 25 yrs ago. Where the hell are you guys skinny dipping? I need to know where that body of water is!!! :D...Seriously, you all look great, for a bunch of OLD FARTS. ;) Still trying to get to Perris..before I hit the obituary column. :(:D***I guess I have jumped with more Famous people than I thought....Cuz ALL of Air Trash are Celebrities to me. ;) XXXOOO
Sandy

Jim....the t-shirt and poster I have from that boogie
say "10th annual FreakBros"....it was held in Freeport Ill.
August '85. To my knowledge it was the last one they called - FreakBros - as I heard it, it was getting bigger and bigger every year, and it was hard for Roger to promote it to the community while calling it FreakBros.

It's the only one I ever attended so I couldnt personally swear that it was the 10th ....but thats what they told us....they're skydivers, they wouldn't exaggerate...(would they?)
------------------------------------------------------------
John.....you're right, Judy Norton Taylor.....that was her. Ohh and I didn't just ride to altitude with her, we talked in the breakfast line one morning....yeahhhh, we were practically dating.:D

Jim....the t-shirt and poster I have from that boogie
say "10th annual FreakBros"....it was held in Freeport Ill.
August '85. To my knowledge it was the last one they called - FreakBros - as I heard it, it was getting bigger and bigger every year, and it was hard for Roger to promote it to the community while calling it FreakBros.

It's the only one I ever attended so I couldnt personally swear that it was the 10th ....but thats what they told us....they're skydivers, they wouldn't exaggerate...(would they?)
------------------------------------------------------------
John.....you're right, Judy Norton Taylor.....that was her. Ohh and I didn't just ride to altitude with her, we talked in the breakfast line one morning....yeahhhh, we were practically dating.:D

The 'first' one if I remember correctly...was in like 79-80...

(memory a bit fuzzy from the times)

and it was in Bigfoot, Wi.

He's MY tee Shirt from that one....notice the "Big Foot" on the brother?!;)B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Go to Air Trash site and look at the picture of Sled's ash dive. I am the one wearing smoke in the orange suit. If you make a couple hundred jumps a year you will live forever. That is my plan and So Far, So Good!:P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I'm with'ya Bro.....I was there (70's) but wouldn't be a reliable eye witness!;)

Snapped a shot of the poster....now the trick will be
getting it to upload on this thang:S

(notice that the swelling seems to have gone down in the Brothers foot:D)

Go to Air Trash site and look at the picture of Sled's ash dive. I am the one wearing smoke in the orange suit. If you make a couple hundred jumps a year you will live forever. That is my plan and So Far, So Good!:P

Sparky

And a movie of the dive can be seen~

Here

~under the memorial dives section.

So I can list SPARKY as someone famous that I'VE jumped with!!B|

I'm with'ya Bro.....I was there (70's) but wouldn't be a reliable eye witness!;)

Snapped a shot of the poster....now the trick will be
getting it to upload on this thang:S

TOO COOL~!B|

I was at that one too, in Freeport!
(I'm from Illinois)[:/]

I remember I had this POS Unit 3 in a Racer.....took about 1500 feet to open no matter what!

They were joking on the PA that I wasn't PULLING low...just OPENING low!!:ph34r:

Back when I was active as an AFF instructor at Perris I helped train Patric Swayzee (sp ?),ground school only though for his upcoming role in Point Break. I believe I was one of Don Swazees JM's at one time or another, it's hard to remember as I did so many AFF jumps with so many different people. I did several AFF jumps with Dave Mustaine the bassist for the band Megadeth (they were big in the late 80's/ early 90's). I was on a few fun jumps with Judy Norton Taylor (Mary Ellen from the waltons). Does any of this count? Not that ANY of this matters anymore to anyone, hell even I don't care anymore, but the question did float some old memories to the top.

Mick.