NickDG

I'm "In" . . .

CONGRATULATIONS Nick! I saw your picture on the AT website. :) They inducted me on March 13, 05. Why do I remember the date? Cuz it would have been my 40th wedding anniversary if I would have stayed with the SOB. :D I haven't been able to get out to the DZ cuz of my bumb leg. I tried all weekend to get a ride from AZ to Perris. :( I'll get there eventually. Heard Ed's memorial turned out great. I am happy for that. I will meet you eventually and we'll raise a few glasses or kegs I'm sure. :o Welcome to the BEST SKYDIVING CLUB and the BEST people I've ever met. P.S. They are truly THE BEST !!!!! :S ....Sandy...AKA...SNOOPY-SANDWICH-MISS BUFF DIVER-[and a few names they call me that I don't know about] :D:D:D*** Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ;)
Sandy

Hey Sparky:
How many total years of skydiving did you say was on our jump for Dirty Eds, dive, Norm

425 years total for an average of 35. Hottamaly brought the average down with her 14 years.:P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Hey Sparky:
How many total years of skydiving did you say was on our jump for Dirty Eds, dive, Norm

425 years total for an average of 35. Hottamaly brought the average down with her 14 years.:P

Sparky

Hey now.....I know, I such a "young one":S

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

It's you've had too many students, Dad . . . Way too many students. Few realize that Instructors are the less noble metal you place next to the thing that would otherwise melt down when the juice is applied. We are "fear sinks" and soak up for years the fears of our charges. Fear is like fire, it's a living breathing thing and it has to reside somewhere and it resides in us rather than our students because it can be better dealt with there.

It's the reason that after years of teaching we confidently spout the answer as we walk toward the door from the student who says he suddenly can't remember what happens at five thousand feet. It's like a dagger to the heart, but you smile and say "pull" as you continue like you're strolling into a Bar and all's right in the world. Inwardly you realize you told this guy it was possible and now you have to make sure it all comes out right in the end. That's the responsibility that weighs on you. And it's what's turned your hair.

I don't think, except for a few times, in the last two thousand times I've walked to the door with an AFF level 1, and thought to myself, this guy is ready and he knows enough to save himself if the worst happens. No, it's always a bit of I'm going to have to be there for this guy and it's no fooling around.

Yong Chisolm is a very intelligent and capable woman. She peppered me with every rational explanations for why we shouldn’t jump. Her verbal arguments continued all the way to altitude where I'm now a quivering mass of jelly with too many doomsday scenarios on my mind. It seems weak when reserve side looks her in the eye, smiles brightly, and says, "Are you ready to skydive!"

Yes, you can discuss why we burnout, you can say we made our beds and now we should stretch out in them, but it's more than that and the price we paid got us something back in the long run. The rewards are many and lately came as this one . . .

"G" aircraft on the "JFTC" load . . .

Yong Chisolm, yellow, G2

NickD :)BASE 194

It seems weak when reserve side looks her in the eye, smiles brightly, and says, "Are you ready to skydive!"

BTDT!

Just breathe deep, go to your 'special place' and carry on the march. I always figure if i think they can do it, some might rub off.

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

Thanks Nick. I have a huge smile right now. :) I don't look the same either. :o...Sandy

http://hometown.aol.com/base194/Trash/trash.htm

From L to R, top to bottom:

1 Nick and Ivan Henry
2 Nick and Al Krueger
3 Nick and Bob Butt
4 Nick and that packer guy who's name I always forget (Mick is it?)
5 Linda Hardesty and Nick
6 Dan Cook and Nick
7. John Brasher, Larry Walsh, John Bull, Bob Butt, Patty Christman, Norm van Pelt, Fred Basile, Al Krueger and someone I don't know. oh and Nick too.
8 Mike Owens, Nancy Sardella and Nick
9 Paul Moran, Nick and ???
10 Chet Bennett, Nick and Bud Krueger
11 Nick and ??
12 Linda Witte and Nick

Nick was pretty choked up about being inducted into Air Trash.
Congrats Nick.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

:) Patty was just a teeny bopper. ;) Ivan and Bud look changed the most. :o When I finally get out there you will see that I'm not the sexy young thing I used to be either. ;) My hair is salt and pepper and down to my butt. [black and white] :$ My nice little butt is now a nice big butt. [:/] My face has no wrinkles, :o Thank God. If you could all just picture me at 150lbs.:( instead of 105 lbs.;) then I look kinda the same. NOT! :S Hey, looks like most of us gained weight. :P I told Don Henderson if I was 6' tall I'd look damn good, instead of the 5'2" that I really am. He cracked up, then told me how big his gut was. DAMN :o:D:D3 hrs on the phone with 007 on June 4. Just what we both needed. To talk of old times while the ash dive took place.:) I miss everyone soooooo much. I will get out to Perris as soon as my body lets me. :( I'm sure most of ya are wracked with pain and body parts that just don't work good anymore. >:( So, you know what I mean. I'm so glad that you are still able to jump. B| I would love to, but can't. >:(...Thanks again for the names and WELCOME to Air Trash Nick.....SANDY
Sandy

Thanks Nick. I have a huge smile right now. :) I don't look the same either. :o...Sandy

http://hometown.aol.com/base194/Trash/trash.htm

From L to R, top to bottom:

1 Nick and Ivan Henry
2 Nick and Al Krueger
3 Nick and Bob Butt
4 Nick and that packer guy who's name I always forget (Mick is it?)
5 Linda Hardesty and Nick
6 Dan Cook and Nick
7. John Brasher, Larry Walsh, John Bull, Bob Butt, Patty Christman, Norm van Pelt, Fred Basile, Al Krueger and someone I don't know. his name is John but I don't know his last name. oh and Nick too.
8 Mike Owens, Nancy Sardella and Nick
9 Paul Moran, Nick and ??? that's Alister (hot air balloon guy.
10 Chet Bennett, Nick and Bud Krueger
11 Nick and ?? that's Rick Schluter from Elsinore (started in the "round days")
12 Linda Witte and Nick

Nick was pretty choked up about being inducted into Air Trash.
Congrats Nick.

:)

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live