JeffSkydiver

Bill Estes

Anyone know/knew Bill Estes?

Had a D license and JM/Instructor ratings in 1981. We were in the Air Force together stationed at MacDill in Tampa. On the job one day he started talking to me about skydiving. The next weekend I went for my first jump - static line - at small DZ near Zhills, Pilot Country Estates.

For awhile he was jumping with Arch Deal for the Miller beer demo team.

Haven't seen nor heard of Bill since I got out of Air Force in 1981.

jt

Let's all do this safe enough that we can still do this in our 90's.

I know Bill, he was my first jumpmaster here in Cal-City in 84, He was stationed at Edwards, Left here I think late 80s early 90s Was married and had 2 kids, Not sure if he's still jumping. Was wondering too what happen to him.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

He was jumping at Cal City at least as late as '89. He was doing a lot of tandems by then. I don't know where he went after that. He's a good guy. I have some video of him from around that timeframe. We tried to do a 20 way sunset formation with him and our office girl (as tandem passenger) as base. Between the funnel and the fact that it's basically a night jump the video is downright scary.

Hi Jim, I remember that "night" tandem load, Great fun. Bill was also made my first few CREW jumps with me. And I took him low on my 100th. jump we went for the horny gorilla going thor 2 grand, and the 5 of us opened around 1000 feet.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,