crewdog2

Fort Campbell club

I would like to give my thanks to MATTHEWCLINE for the explanation concerning the photographs at the Fort Campbell Sport Parachute Club.

It was heartbreaking to read nobody took the time to care for a part of the Fort Campbell's Sport Parachute Club history.

I can only hope that other members on this Forum would eventually post some of their photographs onto this Forum.

David C. Fenrich

It was nice to see another name I recall from my days with the Sport Parachute Club -

Mark Baur

Thank you for helping me remember the CSMs last name.

Would you happen to have any photographs from your days at the Fort Campbell Sport Parachute Club?

I sure would appreciate your posting any/all within this Forum.

David C. Fenrich

The Current PDT is in Normandy making a series of jumps right now, but the AAS Might still be able to get in the Pre-Ranger Bunker and find the pics they still have.

If there are locals (to Fort Campbell) that want to help find them, they can TRY calling the School Commander and then mention the Campbell and National Skydiving museums as a good place for those items to go.

I have in the past, but with OPTEMPO being the way it is I don't think any action was taken.

COL Reed, INFCDR here, may still be able to "push" a bit on the Clubs former patron behalf, if this is wanted.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I wish I could have jumped with the Green Beret Parachute club in Bragg. We used to stop in for a beer once in while, at their bar. That was one interesting place, during the Vietnam era. I was airborne then, but that skydiving stuff, scared me. It's too bad all those clubs are going by the wayside...

I was president of the Ft Knox club in 67 & 68 and I think in the 2 years I was there we got aircraft maybe 4 times other than Armed Forces day when we jumped into Main Post parade ground. We would request aircraft every weekend but on a Leg Post it wasn't a high priority. We found a civilian airport that would rent us aircraft for tach time and that kept the club members in jumps for about $2 a piece. I closed the club up right before ETS.
It opened again in 71 when a Lt Col and a Maj took an interest in it. They closed it in 79 never to be opened again. They had a large group of members in the early days and plenty of Hueys to jump from. On the weekends that they couldn't get aircraft they would come out to Greene County Bardstown and keep our Cessnas running non stop.
In the last years of the Ft Campbell club many of the guys would come up and jump with us.
Anybody know what became of Jon Pejka? I know he went to the Air Force and was flying DC-9s but haven't heard anything about him in years.
Telstar, that rig you got from Leanne was built by me. She sold stuff for me for awhile until my shop burned down in 80. I don't know what ever happened to her. She was selling gear for awhile but just sort of faded away.
GUNFIRE, The sound of Freedom!