steve1

Ever jump one of these??

No, but I did jump one of these a couple of times.:P

Sparky

Thanks for the pic sparky.

Wing wars was definately going on, Mostly pigs with a lot of blast handles. Maybe mid to later 70's? One of my dorment periods:(

BTW nice looking bird:P

R.I.P.

how many people did it hold and where did you jump out of. Surely not the bomb bay because military versions bomb bay was completey exclusive for people getting into in flight.

We took 22. On this one you could get to the bomb bay from the back compartment by climbing over a bulkhead about 5 feet high. The bomb bay door were locked open. Some people exited through the crew hatch just behind the nose gear, three rode up in the bomb bay and the rest came over the back bulkhead. On my first jump I was part of the group in the back compartment and on the second one I was in the bomb bay. You had to straddle it, one foot one each side and hang onto the bombracks. On take off it was scary as hell. Out of 22 we got six people together on the first jump and only 3 on the second. It was a ZOO. But fun.

Slug,

Without digging out old logbooks I would say late 1978 or early 1979.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

You had to straddle it, one foot one each side and hang onto the bombracks. On take off it was scary as hell.

:o:o:o
Holy crap, you guys were hard core!

...now I wanna try... :D
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Did you put the requisite "Z" in your logbook? New skydivers have absolutely no idea what that letter or any of the other commonly used acronyms stand for.

No, I wrote out the wrote out the word. From my logbook. "Turned to shit right of the bat, was a Zoo. I caught the base and Rich in third."

Sparky

I'll bite. I'm new. What does the "Z" stand for?

It's an old Spanish term....It originated with a man named Zorro in Mexico. He used his sword to carve it into people and things to let them know Zorrow had been there.....I think that's it!.....Steve1

I believe Sparky would be dead center, front row. Light-colored hair, right under the letters.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey Mojo, where was that B-25 pitcure taken and when? A couple of those people look somewhat familiar and the location and time frame would help place the names with the face.

Godamn mojosparky, you still jump a Sharpchuter?? My compliments. ;);)
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

I believe Sparky would be dead center, front row. Light-colored hair, right under the letters.

Wendy W.

No more calls, we have a winner. Wendy is right on the money. And the hair was actually light-colored back then.:P

The picture was taken late 78 or early 79 and it was taken at Taft airport. Also got to jump an AT-6 that day. Which one or ones are you looking at, maybe I can help.

Sparky

And if you Z'd (or Z'd out) then you were your own individual little zoo load, all by yourself.

Not that I'd know about that first-hand or anything :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Standing, second from left and kneeling second from right.

Sorry Steve, I don't know either on of them. After looking at the picture for a few minutes, I dawned on me, I don't know the names of some of the people I do know.:P

Its hell getting old.

Sparky

Did you put the requisite "Z" in your logbook? New skydivers have absolutely no idea what that letter or any of the other commonly used acronyms stand for.

Z is the letter you put in your logbook when you were out of control. Back in the day of little blue logbooks with 10 jumps per page, you just wrote down a series of letters and symbols to show what you did. For example, stylies would often have "RT, LT, BL, LT, RT, BL" and a 45 second delay student might have "RT, LT, BL, FL, and a little triangle "delta" symbol" If you got out of control at any point of your skydive you would insert a "Z" where it occured.

Chuck

Z is the letter you put in your logbook when you were out of control. Back in the day of little blue logbooks with 10 jumps per page, you just wrote down a series of letters and symbols to show what you did. For example, stylies would often have "RT, LT, BL, LT, RT, BL" and a 45 second delay student might have "RT, LT, BL, FL, and a little triangle "delta" symbol" If you got out of control at any point of your skydive you would insert a "Z" where it occured.

Chuck

What do you mean, back in the days of the little blue logbooks? I still use them. They have change a little, remember when the pages were yellow paper, and you can get them through Para-Gear.B|

Remember when you had to do a complete series in less then 15 seconds to get you "D" lic.

Sparky

They have change a little, remember when the pages were yellow paper, and you can get them through Para-Gear.

My first book has green pages.

I don't know what the colour of the paper is now but CSPA still sells something similar:)
http://www.cspa.ca/cspa/Merchandise/Index.html

---
edited cause my computer still hasn't figured out how to translate what I am thinking into proper English when my fingers type on the keyboard.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

So what's the bet a new newbie will ask "What does RT, LT, BL, LT, RT, BL stand for?"

Do people still know what a full series was?

t

Can't a newbie do all that stuff in a tunnel.:)

I've never seen a tunnel from in/out side:o

R.I.P.