steve1

Anyone recongize these old Idaho jumpers?

Foo foo, you got it right in your earlier post; 501 was the AT-11. SN-1B (Snib) was the glass bubble navy version in your picture.

I have (or had) some video of wingwalking/plane to plane transfer crazy shit using Snib at Athol in probably mid-80's. Remember that? I'm sure you and Lee were flying those loads, right? I suppose it could've been Joe.

Is Ricardo still in Athol? How's he doing? Emmett's still in Garwood and doing fine if you didn't know.
Ted
D6691 SCR 3975 SCS 2242 NSCR 698
On the road to wrack and ruin…………
but making damn good time.

Fred's right (Hi dude) the N number - I looked back. I wasn't flying the "transfer" - was there though. I was low man on the pilot pole back then. I believe I remember that it was Lee that made the transfer - right? Out the door, out the leading edge to the wingtip, then over to that moving target of a vertical stab. After a couple attempts, success. Crazy shit is right. Haven't seen that video in many, many moons. I think the last time I pushed you out (Ted) was a moonlit night over Spirit Lake - the full moon lit up the canopies - one of my favorite visions. Very surreal. Might also have been a night formation load over Joe Alby stadium.... scary shit too. Richardo is still in Athol. We talk once in a while. Need his e-mail?

I recognize Florea, Rozo, and Anderson from the pic posted on 1-16-08 at the door of the DC-3. In fact, I think I was at that boogie in Kalispell. I jumped down at Moscow, Idaho mostly (Palouse Parachute Club). It was always a big thrill to drive up to Athol and jump with the likes of Morrow, Jeff Wragg, Brad Dunkin, Rozo, etc. I should go through my old photos. Just took the sport up again a year and a half ago. Up to about 600 jumps. First 20-way last summer at Skydive Chicago! If Emmet reads this, I still have that red and white jumpsuit - you sold it to me at about the time that picture was taken. Anyone know how to get in touch with Joel Anderson?

Sorry about reviving this conversation after so many years, but I'm old and live in the past. I'm pretty sure I was at this boogie in Deer Park. That guy second from right in the back row sure looks like Ralph.

If it's the load I'm thinking of Ralph had a bad experience at opening. Had a spinning mal and cut away, but it was a long time before his reserve showed. It took so long that everybody was on pins and needles. You could clearly see from his body position that he was fighting some kind of problem over his shoulder.

So eventually his reserve showed and it opened fine. On the ground he said that he pulled the reserve and the container wouldn't open. He had to reach over his shoulder and grab the pack material and physically rip it open to get it to take off.

I think that it had been a long time since the canopy had been opened and aired. Need to take better care of your gear Ralph.

Hi Bob,

He had to reach over his shoulder and grab the pack material and physically rip it open to get it to take off.

I was there that day also; definitely one of those pucker factors just watching things.

I was talking with Ralph about it just a few years ago and he said that he tried to grab some pack fabric but could not and ended up pulling the reserve ripcord housing, which dislodged things. Ralph is not the slimmest, most flexible guy around.

Jerry Baumchen

I had a piggyback rig back then and I liked it a lot, but there is still some good things to be said about the old belly warts when your pack won't open.

It seems like I should recognize your name but I don't. Sounds like we probably ran into each other a lot at NW functions back then. Nice to hear from you.