Jumperintheair

Pelicanland-Ridgely MD??

Howardwhite and Joyrider, those are some great photos! Could you put names to some of the faces in the group shots? Also Joyrider, your last post "over the pelicanland peas" never had a photo attachment. I would love to see that if you could repost it(?) and any other photo's you may have.

thank you, interesting stuff!

Over the Pelicanland peas...

If you look very closely you can see the Pelicanland peas in front of the jumper's reserve as well as the DC-3. Picture taken 1972-3.

I had the great pleasure of flying jumpers in my C-182, N69BS, over two or three years. I took the below picture using my strut-mounted camera and yolk-mounted pneumatic release.

Pelicanland Jumper
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Howardwhite ..., those are some great photos! Could you put names to some of the faces in the group shots?

Soitenly...
Here is the caption for the group picture:
-----
"The Club poses at the Gambrill DZ: Standing, 1. to r. - -Bill Snowden,
Fred Rich, Tink Shoemaker, Corky Foster, Butch Kerrick, Dave Logon,
Dave Hartley, Bob Holler, Wayne Beall, Chuck Hinchcliffe, Willie Ray,
Denis Symes, George Trousdale, Bill Fravel. Kneeling - - Kevin Burke,
Henry Sullenberger, Dave Dulin, Johnny Crews, Billy Gifford, John Kaleo,
Bob Holt, D. Marlowe, Chick Gates. 1965 was a very good year."
-----

HW

Name: Mike Schultz
Duties on the DZ: Instruction, Jumpmastering, Marketing
How many skydives: 7,650+
Time in the sport: 39+ Years
License and Ratings: D-1180, AFF Instructor, Tandem Instructor
Favorite thing about the sport: The DZ is a place where you can love your buddies, even if they're falling down on the job; plus, the clientele brings a new face and an adventurous spirit to your doorstep. Things are never boring for long.

Mike this past weekend:
http://www.skydivedelmarva.com/about_us/around.php?level=2&gallery=104April-18~19-2009&pic=031.jpg&count=68

Mike is out at Delmarva just about every weekend doing tandems, AFF and fun jumping. He's been doing a lot of work with the Naval Academy Parachute team as well and even accompanied them to Collegiate Nationals this year. I've caught a lot of the talk about Pelican land, it's a shame that it dissolved, sounds like it would've been a great place to jump!

Attached is a picture of the Pelican Skydivers at a club meeting and party at Mark Radcliffs house in 1979.

I recognize at least two dozen people in that photo, maybe more. What a group of crazy and wonderful people.

What a place that was! I had my own DZs for a few years and flew at another half dozen over the years but Pelicanland was always my favorite.

Thanks for this pic. Post more, folks!
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper