jonstark

Canopy mfgr trivia

Advanced Para Systems in Commerce, Texas was the company the original name of the company that built the Rascal, Bogey, etc. and Bob Chaffin was the guy that owned the company originally who designed and built the canopies.

Dammit you beat me to it!! Ole Granpa BOB!! God I miss him. Hey Jerry I have had a few drinks with Dennis Dorris the last few weeks.

Remember he and Bob owned the Up N Down Shop together?

I know what you mean about missing Bob, there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about how much I owe that man for the excellent instruction and encouragement he gave me at the beginning of my skydiving career but most of all I just think how much I miss our good friend.:(

I saw Dennis a couple of years ago at Larry Portman's DZ at Caddo Mills while visiting in Dallas. Please tell him hi for me if you run into him again.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

So glad this Thread exists! I had a buddy of mine hand me a Shark (130) that is still crispy! Said there are about 50 jumps total on it. As soon as all this Rona is over I am going to give it a test flight. Anyone know what a canopy in almost new condition, but DOM of 1995 would go for if i chose to get rid of it?