RogerRamjet

Where are they now?

Paul Juel and his wife Anne are old Florida jumpers. They live and farm near Scobey, Montana. Paul sometimes posts on here.

I was wondering how Jerry Bird is doing. He's still one of my heroes from the past. I hope he's doing well....

I saw both Paul and Jerry Friday at Z-Hills. Both seem to be doing great (though Jerry's Studebaker seems to be ailing a bit). Saw many other skydivers from 3 decades back as well :)

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Paul usually goes to reunions.

The Silvertip Skydivers had a reunion about ten years back. I had no intention of going. Paul said I had to go. So, we packed up his pickup and left.

I hadn't jumped in twenty years. The first day of the reunion I found myself on a load, that I fell base for. I was hooked all over again. It was all that damn Paul's fault...;)

Always wondered what happened to Florida Council jumpers Tom and Pat Schapanski, Doug and Ida Prevatt, Sandy and Shep Sheppard, and Jim Salisbury.

Timeline: late 60s to 1976
DZGone.com
B-4600, C-3615, D-1814, Gold Wings #326, Diamond Wings #152.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Tom and Pat Shapanski were friends of mine up in the Chicago area, at the time they were buying houses, remodeling them and selling them then buying another...Toms plan was to work up until they could afford a place in the islands somewhere.
Haven't seen or heard from them in ages...nice couple for sure...

I realize this is an old thread. But I am just getting active again after many years.

I knew Al Brown in the 70's up til about 1980 when I moved and we lost contact. He worked for Delta destroying baggage, like you mentioned. Lived in Atlanta during that time.

I found this thread looking for old friends like him. Sounds like no one has any info on him from what I read here.

jonstark

Hey Doug,

Any of the Alabama Boys still around?
Used to see Fred Leslie's name and pix but it's been years.

Jon

Jon , I was looking on here because I can't find anyone from the 70's, 80's era from Alabama. I have been to Cullman, Skydive Alabama, to jump and to Atlanta iFLY tunnel. Ask everyone I see about old guys but not much of anything yet.

My home dropzone was the little one in Eutaw, Al. run by the BAMA Skydivers College club at the time. But I jumped all over the South.

Your name is so familiar and my memory is so bad. :-) Did we jump together in Alabama or at Georgia or Florida boogies?