RogerRamjet

Where are they now?

Holy blasthandle, batman!

Blast Handles were quite common then and when installed properly were perfectly safe. I used one as a main ripcord handle on my B4 rig for 350 jumps and as the reserve handle on my wonderhog for a while until we moved to all plastic handles (orange PVC).

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Is Beanpole still big into hang gliders? I think he has some distance or time records in hang gliding. Tried to find Silly last year, TK told me he was in construction. Don't know if its swinging the hammer or the owner. Does anyone remember Larry Riddle? Heard he moved back to Greensboro area but had passed (can't imagine that).

I worked for Silly from 80-82, and also ran the student jumping out of Doug Benson's 182 with JJ Cunningham.

Burke
Irony: "the History and Trivia section hijacked by the D.B. Cooper thread"

Roger Freakbrother spelled my name wrong.I miss him. I spent 8 years sailing around the world with my wife & kids.Finally stopped in a really nice place, Ilove it here.Still have my container i built in my garage with a paradactyl in the reserve & a Paraflite test reserve for a main.Hope you're doing well.Been a long time.
10 Man Speed- No Show Exits

Roger Freakbrother spelled my name wrong.I miss him. I spent 8 years sailing around the world with my wife & kids.Finally stopped in a really nice place, Ilove it here.Still have my container i built in my garage with a paradactyl in the reserve & a Paraflite test reserve for a main.Hope you're doing well.Been a long time.

Thanks for the update. Not really visualizing the final sail into Montana though ;) Yeah, I miss both Roger and Carl and think of them from time to time. No skydiving gear left for me though.

Made my last jumps out at the Sod Farm near Tampa finishing right at 1000. Didn't really plan to stop, just kinda went less and less. Got married too, no kids. Living in South Florida now in Lake Worth (West Palm Beach area). Current sport is competitive waterskiing.

I've been up to Deland and Z-Hills a few times. Went to Z-Hills for Walter Lamdin's Sister's memorial jump. She was a jumper too, not sure if you knew her though (Jane Lambdin). Her daughter and some of her friends made tandems for the event. I took my camera for that and also there were several of us there from Hooper's 1975 Ten High Bunch speed star team. See this link for pictures I took: http://www.flickr.com/photos/16626901@N00/sets/72157623605573411/

Not long before that event, my wife and I went to London on vacation and Hooper came up for an evening. Hadn't seen him since the 70s, so great to get together and remember the great times we all had back in the day...

Been up to Deland too. Carl Daugherty is still going strong and has offered to do a recert training and AFF jump with me for free. Bob offered the rental rig and ride up for free as well. Haven't done anything about it though. Haven't ruled it out yet either.

I'd love to talk to you a bit. PM me a phone number and a good time and I'll give you a call if you're up for it.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

Suzie Luger? Where's she?

Suzie Luger, wasn't she Silly's girlfriend for a long time? Pretty blond girl as I remember.

I remember Suzie working at Booth's Relative Workshop (pre-uninsured days). I dealt with her on the phone ordering and tracking my rig. Great lady, always helpful. Here's a shot of her I took at the '77 Z-Hills Turkey Boogie.... Suzie "Hogback" was a nickname often used, as I recall.

Suzie Luger? Where's she?

Suzie Luger, wasn't she Silly's girlfriend for a long time? Pretty blond girl as I remember.

I remember Suzie working at Booth's Relative Workshop (pre-uninsured days). I dealt with her on the phone ordering and tracking my rig. Great lady, always helpful. Here's a shot of her I took at the '77 Z-Hills Turkey Boogie.... Suzie "Hogback" was a nickname often used, as I recall.

Yeah, that's Suzie alright. I started working for Bill Booth while he was renting from Pam Tayon in Miami. We used her converted garage to build the first 100 or so Wonderhogs. Bobby came on right around that time and just a bit later Silly started working there. The story I heard at the time was that Suzie showed up on Silly's doorstep and asked to move in (don't know if the girlfriend rating came then or after). She came to work for Booth also. I left shortly after to work for Bill Buchmann building his rigs. Not sure how many more rigs they built before the move. Booth then moved up to Deland and I believe all three went up with him.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

Unfortunately also in 2002, Mike Barber drowned after landing in the ocean while filming a scene for the Bruce Willis movie "Tears of the Sun."

When I had dinner with Mike Barber a couple of months ago, he looked pretty good for a guy who was reported to have drowned 9 years ago.

Mike Barber is very much alive and is a legend in the world of hang gliding, living at the Wallaby Ranch near Orlando. He holds the record for flying a hang glider farther than any one else in the world – an astonishing 438 miles.

He often flies here in the Sequatchie Valley and was here for the Tennessee Treetoppers "Team Challenge" event.

Unfortunately also in 2002, Mike Barber drowned after landing in the ocean while filming a scene for the Bruce Willis movie "Tears of the Sun."

When I had dinner with Mike Barber a couple of months ago, he looked pretty good for a guy who was reported to have drowned 9 years ago.

Mike Barber is very much alive and is a legend in the world of hang gliding, living at the Wallaby Ranch near Orlando. He holds the record for flying a hang glider farther than any one else in the world – an astonishing 438 miles.

He often flies here in the Sequatchie Valley and was here for the Tennessee Treetoppers "Team Challenge" event.

May be a different Mike Barber
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=264269&mh=25&t=search_engine
[url]

Bobby,
Where in Montana did you end up. There are a lot of old jumpers here. B.J. is in Whitefish. Hod is in Missoula. Fred Sands is at Lost Prairie. Bob Smith is in the Bitterroot in the summer, and Argentina in the winter...Blaine Wright just had a very serious accident jumping into the stadium in Missoula....

Bill Sweeney - PA - still alive - we first jumped together in FL Then IL. I'm a kayaker now. That is a great list. I remember everyone of those guys. thanks for that memory bump Roger!

Where are you located?

Just dropped in on the 50th Turkey Meet Z-Hills reunion Friday. Saw a number of skydivers I hadn't seen in 3 decades!

Great to hear from you!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

Well John "Turbo" Terbeek is here in Charlotte, NC, Tony Peralta is in Phoenix. JJ Cunningham is back home in Pinebluff, NC, Ron Fischer is Capt. for AA in NY, Martin does the Disappearing Island party at Ponce Inlet. Who else you wondering about.....and BTW, who are you?

Burke Schnedl
Irony: "the History and Trivia section hijacked by the D.B. Cooper thread"