danebert

Why Called A Square

Here is a picture of a Strato Star.. yup pretty much square.. all 5 cells of fun.

Oh Jeanne, what a beauty! Reminds me of my old Cobra-10...

They were called squares back in those days because all the the rest of the PC's, Papillions, Starlites, Piglets, and cheapos wuz ROUND.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I used to jump a Strato-Star regularly. (In the '80's)
They actually had a longer chord than wongspan. It was a good accuracy canopy. I won a contest with mine.

btw-
Jeanne, what harness-container system will you be jumping? A Strato-Star has far too much pack volume to fit in a modern container. This may mean you will have a different cut-a-way proceedure, and possibly a round reserve.

Just curious.

I have a few old rigs that I have put together.. a couple Wonderhogs with Strato Clouds and one with the Stratostar.. and a Centarus with some humongous 7 cell called a JetStream... The Strato Star will fit in any one of them.. and yes all of them have 26' lopo reserves.. I think I can still survive intact if I had to ride one again, I know how to PLF and I have 2 rides on the 26' lopos.
I also have a Pioneer 3 pin container that has a MK II Para Commander. and another rig with an American made Papillion. What can I say.. I like the old stuff.. but.. I will probably only be doing water jumps at the lake with this stuff. Big splash is more fun than big THUD.:ph34r:

I used to jump a Strato-Star regularly. (In the '80's)
They actually had a longer chord than wongspan..

No, the span was 15 feet, and the chord was 12 feet, for an aspect ratio of 1.25.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.