karrigirl

Why is Mr.Bill called Mr.Bill?

Waaay Baaaaack .... Saturday Night Live's claymation featurette "Mr. Bill" featured Sluggo doing all sorts of mean and cruel things to Mr. Bill. The term just got co-opted in the 80's. It would be typical of Sluggo to toss Mr. Bill from a great height...with Mr. Bill crying "oooh n-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o" as he plummeted earthward.

Curley Roe used to issue Mr. Bill PiggyBack awards to people who did Mr. Bill jumps. I am MBPB 75.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Yeah, and dislocate/break limbs, and get major abrasions to the face, and head strikes to the knees.

Most people just delay WAY too long. Sub terminal. SUB terminal deployment is a must, with as slow a run in speed as possible.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

IAD off the step of a 182 is about as fast a deployment as you can get. I've tried 2 Mr. Bill's with one being successful. The unsuccessful one had a delay of about a second more but there was no way I could hang on. It made a big difference.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

No matter how you look at it, you both will be coming out of it with some minor bruises and bangs. I don't think it is possible to perform this dive without getting them. Last on I did I was bruised underneath each arm and got my bell rung from banging heads with the other jumper.
Good luck!

Chris
--------
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy s#$* what a ride!'"

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT put your head over the other persons shoulder!!!!!!! (the riser has to go somewhere)

I've done Mr. Bills with a rope attatched to the other jumper's harness. After opening I would climb down (...er... slide down) to a chunk of wood we had T-Baring at the bottom. Rope burns, Fat lips, and the new nickname of uniball....

I haven't down a Mr Bill in some years now.[:/]
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

I've done about 5 of them successfully.

It is simplest to be IAD'd by someone else so that you and your partner can concentrate on a clean exit.

Practice the exit and talk about where the grips will be taken and how you are going to hold on so you dont accidently grab the shiny handle.

If you can do a chin-up, you can do a Mr. Bill.

Have fun!

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

Is it easy to blow up a canopy doing this

-
And as for brusing,
Man your doing it all wrong.
I watched as a mr bill went horibly wrong at our dz and the bill-e had majour brusing and abrasions from the belly up to his fore head, the full lenght or his arms, etc.
Then I was nabbed by a seasoned jumper and he asked me If I would like to do one and show them how to do it.
Well this guy had been jumping for20+ years and I was just a grino and at the time was into exploring other factes of jumping.
So basically we asked the cheif instructor for a student canopy that was just put out of use and put that into a student harness.
We dirt dived the exit a few times.
This is were it is gonna sound weird, it's but it how to do it without any probs.
I was the guy who held on, So my spot was to sit on the lap of the other guy who was in the p[oised position on the strut of a C182.
I wrapped my legs around him trying to leg lock and had both arms through his harness with an arm lock.
This is where is really get interesting.
WE STATIC LINED THE EXIT.
Dumping in sub turminal was the answer.
Shure when we left we rolled off and upon the opening of the canopy I found it really easy to hang on. Hanging on was not an issue.
But what followed, was about 20/25 line twists.
Like a typical gringo I yelled out
"@#&$ heaps of line twists."
So my seasoned jumping mate reasured me that we were at 10'000 feet and we should be out of them soon.
Man did that thing wind out fast, I found hanging on to the expiring line twists were much much harder than the initial opening schock.
I then proceed to climb up onto his shoulders,
I was facing the wrong wayI had to turn around,
This was hard, but I turned around by hanging onto the ever so hard tentioned lines that could be plucked like guitar strings, And placing of of my feet onto his cupped outsreached hands.
So now I was facing forward and standing on top of his shoulders , I noticed that the slider was looking like a seat , Hummm"
So I sat in it
Reluctently placing more and more of my weight into it's fragile history.
Happily I sat there as we crusied around untill I decided to roll of at 2'500 feet.
The canopy was taken off after we landed and was immediately made worthless, except for the use of windscoks.
-
-I will try and post a pic of our stack up and post it soon.
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"
There's a little bit of EveL Knievel in all of us.

Hi Karri,
I think the answer is a post or two down. I remember this guy and this girl practicing a "Mr. Bill" exit at the mock up at Perris one spring day some years ago. They were just wearing T-shirts, shorts and their rigs. He got in the door facing out in the crouched position hanging on to the floater bar. She got in with her back to the door, hanging on to the floater bar and then,"WRAPPED HER LEGGS AROUND HIS MID SECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" WHAT FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! They did this out of the airplane too!!!
(The thing was that she was having too much fun wrapping her leggs {they started at her ankles and went all the way up to her ass!!!!} around him and I don't think he minded that!!)

PS. When all this "Mr. Bill" stuff started at the DZ, since my name was "Bill," Pat Swovelin started saying,"Ohhhhh Nooooo Mr. Bill!!!" whenever I came around. The handel "stuck" and to this day the really old farts know me as "Mr. Bill!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

had tryed to send this b-4
not sure u got it or was posted
will do again no harm no foul
just for shits and grins
and all those other dumb lines
YES MR BILL WAS OFF SNL
Sluggo always did nasty things Mr bill
claymation
there is a commercial out now
not sure ---- gieco--
"says it all"
last part
sluggo chunkes Mr bill
out a window
and he splats on a bus window

I don't remember ever seeing Sluggo
but he always was doing something bad to Mr Bill
(sluggo was a character from a syndicated comic strip) called nancy

what ever
In Skydiving
Sluggo was always
the one in the open parachute
and u knew something bad was gonna happen
to Mr Bill
the person hanging on

usually did

so the name stuck

Stoney D4754
vancejstone

Either Stoney is living up to his name, or it's been too long since he's seen an episode of Mr Bill on TV.

This is from Wiki...

"Mr. Bill is the clay figurine star of a series of short subjects shown from 1976 to 1980 on Saturday Night Live (SNL). The "Mr. Bill Show" was a parody of children's shows.

Mr. Bill got its start when Walter Williams sent SNL a Super-8 reel featuring the character in response to the show's request for home movies during the first season. Mr. Bill's first appearance occurred on the February 28, 1976 episode. Williams became a full-time writer for the show in 1978, writing more than 20 skits based on Mr. Bill.

Each Mr. Bill episode would start innocently enough but would quickly turn dangerous for Mr. Bill. Along with his dog, Spot, he would suffer various indignities inflicted by "Mr. Hands," a man seen only as a pair of hands (played by Vance DeGeneres).[1]

Sometimes the abuse would ostensibly come from the mean Mr. Sluggo, another clay character. (However, Mr. Hands did most of the violence himself, because Sluggo would tell him to, i.e. "Mr. Sluggo says to...") The violence would inevitably escalate, generally ending with Mr. Bill being crushed or dismembered while squealing in a high pitched voice, "Ohhhh noooooooooooooo..."

Characters: Mr. Bill, Mr. Hands, Spot, Sluggo, Miss Sally, Mr. Bill's Mom & Sluggo Clones.

The character's popularity spawned the 1986 live-action movie Mr. Bill's Real Life Adventures."

Hope that helps ya work it out.

BASE359
"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

TKS JS

AND YES I HAVE LIVED UP TO
MY NAME all 64 years now
not chemically induced
just way to over the top personality

The facts u have are correct
(didn't know about the kids show -cool)