jaymundo

Louisiana old farts

made some dives with some coonasses at z-hills late 70's.....one of them said he owned a club in nola invited us out after the thanksgiving meet....must have been alan?We were on a pickup speed star team....... while we're on the subject.....whatever became of Dewayne Bruette?
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

Hi...Dwayne is living in De Quincy La and still working at CITCO as a chemical engineer.Last I visited him,he was happily married ,golden retriever,into running sports.He left his Skydive Hawawii visor at my house20 yesrs ago,and would not allow me to send it to him....He insists to come knock at my door,NAKED,to get it back!!Thats Dwayne!!

Hi Jay,
What ever happened to Huntley????? Talk about Louisiana Old Farts, I made my first jump at Hammond on 08MAY64 with Southland Skydivers! Those were some good times back then. I was in the Navy when Leon moved the whole chebang to Covington. I was the last Secretary for Southland Skydivers and still have the club minutes in there original folder in my archives! Where's Leon these daze and what ever happened to Huntley.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Yea Leon is into Bikes and camping-traveling...Last time I talked to him he was in florida on a round up of cattle in the everglades!I sent him some T shirts I had made of the original Southern Parachute and logo.We had a reunion at Kerry Steele's home in N.O. and Leon was there ...got some great pics.We planned to party our asses off...but Leon and Kevin McCarron were the only ones unprone at sunup!!Dont know about Huntley.Yes,Leon's address is in Chatanooga still.

No...He didnt live....Anybody remember Charlie Berteau? I may be getting him mixed up with Hunley Dufour.....rough sixties! >>>>on the bounce thing...a guy from la. Tech was the one.....I wasnt there that day.We did have a first jumper,who had his apex catch on the tail wheel...and they had to land with him in tow....he walked away with a broke finger and road rash!;)

Man, what a bunch of old coonass skydivers. We had a guy from La Tech named Marcus ... who went in under two canopies into the mud at Covington and lived, he was skydiving when I started. And, at the Mardi Gras boogie in either '77 or -78 a guy went in and did not live. He had his reserve open real high, maybe 6 or 7 grand and everyone was screaming for him to dump his reserve, which he had already done. He impacted in plain view across the runway. Those were the days!!! Electric Koolaid, anyone?

AND, I remember a demo, when you, jaymundo jumped a double keeled paradactyl. You did NOT like it. I swear, you could see your eyes from a grand, they were that big. I think you made two turns the entire time and we gave you endless shit about it. BS, BD

You fellas ever jump with Bubba Traxlor (Imperor of the Universe) or Jim Jones while in Covington?

1982 Mardi Gras Boogie, my brother and I jumped the only two rounds (mains) on the dz....figured we'd catch a lot of crap about it.... but people looked at the belly warts, smiled, and started inviting us on loads. Well, you know...some 4 maybe 5 ways........which with my 25 jumps at the time, anything over a two way seemed like a "mega blot":D

Oh Yea....Bubba and the rev were padnas of mine.I train retrievers for a living,and Bubba had one trained and worked with me quite a bit.Really nice feller.Jones is building homes and just built him a nice one .Both are doing very well.
I remember we did a jump demo into a bar on the river,and getting into a gang fight.....Bubba yelled that his brother was in Nam...as he broke the dudes arm!!![:/]I was laughing at that while getting my ass kickedB|