ericber

DC-3 Memories

WTF???

I've read the burning DC-3 story (I believe it's on Diverdriver's website) but the veg-o-matic Cessna thingie is beyond me.

Stories, please?

-Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

The flaming DC-3 looks familiar to me. Didn't I just see a "Real TV" or "You Gotta See This" segment with some video of a DC-3 burning up? I didn't see the whole clip, but where was it and what happened. I'm guessing it was during my marginally active years, that's why I don't recall it.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

It was amazing....getting ready to board the DC-3 this intoxicated pilot in a C-180 or something like that torqued to the left on takeoff and went right through. A jumper by the name of, I believe Darrell (last name forgotten) was injured in the accident.

Needless to say, this was a major blow to Perris at the time.
Blue Skies
Eric Bernstein
D-9298
[email protected]

Just when the DC-3 started to begin rolling the left engine threw a prob blade and there was a fireball. I have the tape as the video was rolling inside the aircraft so you could see the whole thing and then Jerry jumped out, ran like hell, turned around and captured the video and took stills.
Blue Skies
Eric Bernstein
D-9298
[email protected]

I was in the parking lot having a beer with Dirty Ed when Ugly went in. ;)

I was standing at the stairs if the Twin Otter, props turning, boarding an AFF student when the Cessna went over the Otter and tried to take out a 4 way dirt diving by the DC-3. Never saw it coming.

My recollections was that it was a low time pilot who was landing downwind.
:(

Red, White and Blue Skies,

John T. Brasher D-5166

Hi John;

I was at the pool eating a bowl of chili and manafested on the next load which was going to be my first night jump.

Two months later we reopened the DZ as Perris Valley Skydiving Club. Gary Douris was President and Al Krueger our 1st DZ manager
Tony Brogdon
D-12855

Hi Eric, Deli here again. Yup, waz thar' fer bofum!! I was in 57Ugly when the engine spit the blade and it caught fire!! We were going up for a sunset practice 40-way Fielding Night Record atempt. The fire cut that short!!! as for 817, I was in the parking lot when that happened, what a drag, that event shut the airport down for the day!! Oh well, but I finally got a copy of the video of 57Ugly!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hey Bill, Linda Hardesty here. Good to see you on DZ.com
How ya doin? PM me sometime and we'll talk.
Hi to you also, Tony. Where you been lately?

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

J C

One is Central Valley Restaurant Systems
I just sold and installed the POS Touchscreen POS Systems to Dog House Grill across from SaveMart Center and the East West Cuisine at 1st and Ness.

My other business is Powerline International. I am marketing Powerline Technology to Mexico.

Tony
Tony Brogdon
D-12855

Hey Mike, I think I have a few tucked back in my brain somewhere.

I can't help but laugh thinking about you and Bud Krueger trying to outdo each other in the back seat of my car on the way back from Ensenada when we were setting up the demo into the Baja Country Club. You guys had me in tears I was laughing so hard.

Now that was a good DC-3 memory, over the Baja Beach Club, at sunset and on my birthday. As the beer commercial say" it doesn't get better than that."

Say hi to Rich for me.
Tony Brogdon
D-12855

Eric-

I took that photo of the DC-3 giving a painful birth to a Cessna 150-

Actually, the guy was tryring to land downwind and decided to do a go around. C-150 don't climb worth %&$#! with full flaps, and it stalled and started a spin, It was only about 5 feet off the ground, so the left wing hit the runway, causing the plan to veer right at 817.

Remember the bumper sticker:

"Skydiving's Hotter at Perris!"

Blue Skies!

Harry Leicher
Treasurer, Perris Valley Skydiving Society
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

Eric-

I took that photo of the DC-3 giving a painful birth to a Cessna 150-

Actually, the guy was tryring to land downwind and decided to do a go around. C-150 don't climb worth %&$#! with full flaps, and it stalled and started a spin, It was only about 5 feet off the ground, so the left wing hit the runway, causing the plan to veer right at 817.

Remember the bumper sticker:

"Skydiving's Hotter at Perris!"

Blue Skies!

Harry Leicher
Treasurer, Perris Valley Skydiving Society

Harry,
You forgot the picture.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

It was the one Eric attached to the post at the beginning of the thread -- with the 150's prop sticking out the rear end of 817
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."