skybytch

Deceased female relatives

A true "Boat Race" involves bottled beer. Usually 4-5 contestants per team. A bottle for each is lined up in a row and are consumed hands free (I.E. pickup up and chugged holding the bottle with lips or teeth). The anchor man is required to consume any unfinished bottles plus his own. We used to play it once in a while in the PI when we had a good party. It is almost impossible to stop the beer flowing without putting down the bottle in which case a tough anchorman is neeeded. Puking is considered a disqualification!

Hi jim,

A true "Boat Race" involves bottled beer.

We did it a little different up here in the Pacific NW.

I remember one at a competition up in Abbotsford, BC back in the 60's. It was the Canadians against the Americans, and I was on the American team. I was going to join the Canadian team but they wouldn't have me; probably due to the condition I was in. B|

You lined up side by side, facing the other team & with a bottle of beer in each hand. When they said 'GO' the first guy drank his beer and then put the bottle on his head, upside down. As soon as he put the bottle on his head, the next guy could start. The tough spot was the anchor at the end because he had to do two in a row because then it started back up the other way. When the first guy, who started, got his 2nd beer bottle on his head the race was over.

During this particular 'race' I was fairly blasted ( OK, rather drunk ) when we started. But I do remember one Canadian across from me who 'cheated' a little; he put the first bottle on his head after barely getting started on it ( it was still about 75% full so he kept it pushed down on his head rather tightly ) but the judge, John Scott D-93 ( hey, it wouldn't be a real contest without a judge B|), noticed & came up behind him and lifted the bottle up just a little. Needless to say, the hapless Canadian got rather wet. :P

Ah, the days of our youth; how fleeting they are. :o

JerryBaumchen

The drill sargents, at Ft. Polk, La. played a version of the dead ants game. This was back in 69 and 70. If a trainee or group of trainees didn't perform their duties correctly, a D.I. would scream at the top of his lungs, "I want you all in a dieing cock roach position.

You lay on your back, as fast as you could, with feet and legs in the air. After a while it became extremely painfull. This was all part of the fun and games that were basic training.

We always called it "Electric 8-way" .Actually a key works easier and plug it into an anti surge extension cord for computers. It keeps the sides better seperated. They did this alot a Tecumseh MI. when Mark was running it.When you wanted out you did a reverse dock by putting the hands on each side back together, that way the juice never stopped . If you were on one key and reached across to the other key holder they usually got upset. Wouldnt be the first time and the beer was already bought