ffejdraga

A Parachutist April fool's pic

I am trying to find an old issue of Parachutist with a certain picture in it, and it would help m if I knew the year it was published:

It was a picture of possibly BJ Worth geared up on the ground, wearing a camera platform on his helmet that was about 4' square, loaded up with some heavy duty cameras, iMax style. it was a Photo Finish, and I think it ws in an April issue.

I started jumping in 1993, and I remembe it coming out sometime after that, maybe 94, 95...not sure.

If anyone has old Parachutists from then, and finds tthat pic, could you attach it here, or email it to me at [email protected]

or let me know what issue it was....

thanks,
jeff D-16906

I am trying to find an old issue of Parachutist with a certain picture in it, and it would help m if I knew the year it was published:

It was a picture of possibly BJ Worth geared up on the ground, wearing a camera platform on his helmet that was about 4' square, loaded up with some heavy duty cameras, iMax style. it was a Photo Finish, and I think it ws in an April issue.

I started jumping in 1993, and I remembe it coming out sometime after that, maybe 94, 95...not sure.

If anyone has old Parachutists from then, and finds tthat pic, could you attach it here, or email it to me at [email protected]

thanks,
jeff D-16906

Isn't that the same issue that had the packing machine?

never pull low......unless you are

I started jumping in 1993, and I remember it coming out sometime after that, maybe 94, 95...not sure.

If anyone has old Parachutists from then, and finds that pic, could you attach it here, or email it to me at [email protected]

thanks,
jeff D-16906

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There is a photograph of that spoof nailed to the wall of the Bombshelter Bar and Grill in Perris Valley, California. The dummy cameras are HUGE!
The background includes the weird German airplane from an Indiana Jones movie.

As for jumping real IMax cameras ... the last time I saw that done, it involved a Vector Tandem with major modifications to belly-mount the huge IMax camera.

It was the April 1996 I believe.

Got it! Now that someone has homed in on it, so that I don't have to flip through tons of back issues, I've found it. It is the "Photo Finish" page on the inside of the back cover.

Attached is the image, limited to 60k here. If anyone wants the high resolution copy (260k jpg file), e-mail me at [email protected], and I'll send you a copy by e-mail.