murps2000

Warp III w/ Rascal main

A friend of mine had this rig stored at his house for years, and gave it to me just because I found it quite intriguing. It belonged to a friend of his who left the sport before I even started, which was back in the mid 90's. It is actually in pretty good shape, with new velcro having been installed, I would estimate, shortly before it was put away. I saw a guy jumping a Warp III at the herd back in like '98, and I thought it looked ancient back then. Anyone got any memories?
Also, the Rascal main is I think about 200 sq. ft., and a nine cell (must've been hot!). It looks like it has relatively new CRW lines (the red dacron ones). Anyone jump or own one?
The rig also has a two pin reserve. Obviously a round, but the only thing I know is its a Navy reserve.
Thanks for any replies.

the Rascal main is I think about 200 sq. ft

Its a Rascal 202, I actually know of a DZ that still uses a Rascal 202 in their student gear (as well as a Laser 9 288).

From my understanding, in the early-mid '90s the Rascal was a popular and yes a "hot" main.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

a Warp III The rig also has a two pin reserve. Obviously a round, but the only thing I know is its a Navy reserve.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Since the Warp III container was TSOed with a (24, 26 or 28 foot diameter) Phantom round reserve, that is all I have ever packed into them.
When National introduced a series of "Phantom" square reserves, I suspect they also packed a few of them into Warp IIIs. However, I have only packed Phantom square reserves into containers made by companies other than National.
Perhaps the reserve is "Navy" in color?

No, it's white. Actually I was told it was a navy reserve, so I guess that means I don't "know". I found the packing data card today & it says that it's a North American Aero steerable 22' conical. It was last packed on may 27, 1993. Probably could use that acid test I heard about, huh?