Reginald

Blue Skies, Black Death

Back in the day when RW was just getting started most jumpers were S&A freaks. They had short hair cuts, polished boots and marched to the shiter. They were goody 2 shoes. On takeoff they would all yell “Blue Skies”. Well the raggedy ass, long haired hippy dirt bags got tired of hearing this. So when the straight laced S&A clowns yelled “Blue Skies” the RW dirt bags would answer back with “Black Death”. Soon it turned into one call and everyone was doing it.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I saw on Facebook today, that 50 yrs ago Norm Heaton got angry when people called themselves SKYDIVERS. Heaton said we were Sport Parachutists.
50 yrs ago, I said the same thing as Norm Heaton, but finally had to give in to the John Wayne Syndrome and agree to " skydiver"

However, I would never use the term Blue Skies, Black Death. It is a stupid remark and shows major immaturity. Time to grow up guys and gals.

chuteless

I saw on Facebook today, that 50 yrs ago Norm Heaton got angry when people called themselves SKYDIVERS. Heaton said we were Sport Parachutists.
50 yrs ago, I said the same thing as Norm Heaton, but finally had to give in to the John Wayne Syndrome and agree to " skydiver"

However, I would never use the term Blue Skies, Black Death. It is a stupid remark and shows major immaturity. Time to grow up guys and gals.

Most of what skydivers do is immature starting with jumping out of an airplane.

sky•div•ing

noun
: the sport of jumping from an airplane and falling through the sky before opening a parachute

That pretty much covers what we do. I don’t think the “Duke” ever made a skydive.

Sparkiy

Maybe he didnt, but he sure had script writers who peppered his movies will similar comments. It is still a stupid remark, and shows immaturity, no matter who says it.

It is equaled only by nude jumping. Skydiving is the only sport in the world that allows or encourages this immoral behaviour. There is nothing brave or daring about it....just immorality and stupidity. Some people have no shame, and in skydiving, this is how they show it. Bil Cole

It's kind of fun to be immoral and stupid in the right setting......Life is too serious, most of the time. Breaking from the norms of society isn't always a bad thing.

Hell, I know a guy who broke from the norms of skydiving and jumped from a perfectly good airplane without a parachute.....

At least no one can say anything that I did was immoral or indecent. Life " can be" serious, but it doesn't have to be. I must confess though, I take life very seriously, and everything I do is covered by my motto, FAADBD,................................... Forge Ahead And Don't Back Down. Having said that, I apply serious forging ahead, and know the consequences which are usually dangerous should be taken serious. I totally disagree that its in any way at all, okay to jump nude. It shows just how stupid some jumpers can be, and how little honor they attribute to the sport itself. NO OTHER sport in the world would do such a disgraceful thing...because they would rather act like true decent people, and jumping nude would leave them out of that level.

I have done many things which were " unusual" but I hurt no one, and no one can say I hurt the sport. It advanced more because of me and my stunts, than it ever would have done if left to the whims of people like Buzz Bennett, the biggest liar in Canada, and the representative of CSPA in some levels.In my opinion, Buzz couldn't adequately represent the toilet paper that he wipes his fat ass with. He is a coward and will lie in any conversation, and he simply cannot be trusted.

Now, you say you know someone who jumped out of a good aircraft without wearing a chute? I question that. Who would be so dumb as to do that? Thinking about it for all of 5 seconds, I can only say he did the sport a service in whatever country he lives in. That is how a sport like skydiving is able to advance, so tell the guy, be carefull, or he may never grow old.

That pretty much covers what we do. I don’t think the “Duke” ever made a skydive.

Sparkiy

One of the guys at the club I jumped with back in the 70's was named John Wayne - he looked the part too, neat guy - good jumper.

People use to do a double take lookin' at my logs & seeing a bunch of jumps signed off by him...:o

"The Duke JUMPS?!" :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Bill Cole wrote

chuteless

... I totally disagree that its in any way at all, okay to jump nude. It shows just how stupid some jumpers can be, and how little honor they attribute to the sport itself. NO OTHER sport in the world would do such a disgraceful thing...because they would rather act like true decent people, and jumping nude would leave them out of that level.

When you really think about it, exiting the plane chuteless is the ultimate "naked" jump. ;)

377 (sometimes clueless, but never chuteless)
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

How did we get from a harmless saying to a lecture on morality? One of the great things about living in a free country is you don’t have to live your life by someone else view of right and wrong. I can assure you there are far worse things happening in this world to fret over then a few people making naked skydives. Or should I say a “sports parachute jump”?

As for Buzz Bennett, don’t know him, never heard of him. If you have a problem with him you should take it up with Mr. Bennett. This is not the proper forum.

Sparky

Steve; I would consider shaking your hand would be my pleasure.

There is one person on DZ.com who has no respect for me, and it is really quite obvious. I couldn't really care less, and if he thinks I am losing sleep over his nonsense, he is totally wrong.

Not really sure why he has this chip on his shoulder, but that is his problem. I hope he settles down some day and realize he wasted a lot of effort and time for nothing.

If we ever get together Steve, make sure you grab me by the throat and tell me to shake your hand....finally. Best wishes from me to you....always.

Nude jumping is wrong, whether you like it or not. It is just as wrong if someone nude got on a crowded subway in a big city. Its wrong, the police would tell him so, and so would many others, including me. You may not object mjosparky, and that is your right, but if it degrades the sport, then all jumpers should take another look at this immoral behaviour and suggest in the name of decency, to stop it. No other sport would tolerate it. How much would a baseball player be fined for such behaviour?....more than you and I would get in a year.

As for Buzz bennett, you are better off never having heard of him. I had times when he was doing things in order to try to stop me from jumping. He is the worst liar I've ever encountered, but its all in the past, and I have no idea where he is, and couldn't care less.

You are wrong in saying this isn't the forum to mention him. This is a skydiving forum, and he was ( maybe still is) jumping, so he is or was a part of the sport. I have every right to mention in this forum, him or anyone who has ever jumped , so climb down to earth again. This IS the correct forum to do just that....IF someone really wants to. I would suggest it is their own choice. Take care, Sparky....you likely still have many years of life left. I hope they are productive and happy times.

Having been involved in skydiving or Sport Parachuting for more than 52 years, I have made lots of good friends, and found a few that were not so good. I am not sure WHY they are like that, unless we got into a heated discussion over something like HALO for example, but that was likely many years ago, and I don't carry a grudge. They should learn to do the same.

377 : To say that being chuteless is the equal or worse than jumping nude, is a major lie. You are trying desperately to divert the truth away from those who are vulgar and immoral.

there is NO comparison, and you should withdraw your dumb comment. Chuteless.....is naked, nude ???? That is nothing but a lie and you know it. Try diverting your rude and immoral comment to show what a foolish statement you made.

There is one person on DZ.com who has no respect for me, and it is really quite obvious. I couldn't really care less, and if he thinks I am losing sleep over his nonsense, he is totally wrong.

Not really sure why he has this chip on his shoulder, but that is his problem. I hope he settles down some day and realize he wasted a lot of effort and time for nothing.

I don’t think you want to go there on a public forum. [:/]

Sparky

chuteless

377 : To say that being chuteless is the equal or worse than jumping nude, is a major lie. You are trying desperately to divert the truth away from those who are vulgar and immoral.

there is NO comparison, and you should withdraw your dumb comment. Chuteless.....is naked, nude ???? That is nothing but a lie and you know it. Try diverting your rude and immoral comment to show what a foolish statement you made.

Did you miss the smiley face Bill? It's not an immoral lie. It's a J O K E. No offense was intended. Those who know you would never connect with with a real naked jump.

I know you don't drink, so beer isn't on the menu, but maybe a cool soda would help.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

chuteless

Nude jumping is wrong, whether you like it or not. It is just as wrong if someone nude got on a crowded subway in a big city.

What if nudists jumped into a nudist colony, where it's normal for people to be nude - would that still be wrong?

As for baseball, well, nudists play baseball nude, and it's perfectly normal for them. What say you about that?

As long as they're not forcing their nudity upon people who don't want to see it, there's nothing immoral about it, right?

dzswoop717

Why don't you like me? You don't even know me.

Oh I probably DO like ya...!

No offence meant! :)

Don't 'know' you but I bet our paths have crossed some time in the last 40 years!B|

You gotta excuse my dry sense of humor. :);)

My sarcasm is an acquired taste - the wife is STILL trying to acquire a taste for it! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

dzswoop717

I was feeling like the fat kid that got picked last in gym class.

Airtwardo has about the quickest wit on this forum.

It's a badge of accomplishment to have Airtwardo pick on you although I don't think he's seen the inside of a gym for 30 years.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Hi Mike,

As for Buzz Bennett, don’t know him, never heard of him.

Buzz is in the red jumpsuit in the attached photo.

He has held just about every position within CSPA and ( I think ) represented CSPA at the world level in administration in numerous positions.

JerryBaumchen