efs4ever

Heeres BOB (Sinclair)

The guy who put Johnny Carson out on a Pre AFF era Buddy Jump. (With RW)

The picture of Johnny Carson after the jump

Bob and the picture.

All part of his traveling wall of fame.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

If anyone has the video of Lost Prairie 2002, you can see Bob exiting a DC-3. Who else would have a rip-cord handle on his main these days. What a cool guy! He told us a story of how he jumped into the Rose Bowl (without permission, back in the 60's)....Steve1

We have a local jumper, very good, very experienced, very current, who still uses a ripcord on his main. Plenty of good reasons. But I'll probably stick with a throw-out.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

There was a time or two (when I first started back), when I went to pull my rip cord and then realized that it wasn't there. It's amazing how muscle memory stays with you after even 2O years. I think that's why old timers have no trouble falling stable or even getting right back into RW, after a long lay-off. It's just like riding a bike....Steve1

Hey Steve.. come on over for our Seattle Skydivers Green Meet in the spring.. we will fix ya right up with a rig that has a ripcord:)
The one I jumped this last May had this spiffy not so new modified T-10 in a sleeve in a Surplus container with a non-pilotchute 24' belly wart.

Jeanne

Jeanne,
I'd Love to attend. I'm currently living way over in Eastern Montana, so it may be too far, but it may be a possibility. You know, I'd love to jump some old gear, just for old times sake. A friend of mine has a couple of old para-commanders that are over 30 years old. I may give one of them a try. I enjoyed jumping with you last summer at Lost Prairie. We've got to get a DZ.Com load next year.....Steve1

>I have used all the systems and still prefer the RIPCORD,
> that can be pulled with either hand!

Me too. It seems kind of silly to have one handle buried
back there out of sight that you can only reach with one
hand.

I'm too lazy to switch back though.

---

While I'm here I'd like to thank you for all the pioneering
I used to read about when I was jumping in Southern
California back in the 60's.

Skr

If anyone has the video of Lost Prairie 2002, you can see Bob exiting a DC-3. Who else would have a rip-cord handle on his main these days. What a cool guy! He told us a story of how he jumped into the Rose Bowl (without permission, back in the 60's)....Steve1

Bob told me the story of jumping at Bridge day with a ripchord.. Whoa! He's always got a good story or ten;)

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky

Bob Sinclaire is the coolest old fart you will ever meet, if you are ever so privileged to do so! He is the innovator of modern skydiving phtotgraphy in addition to other contributions. He has logbooks and photo albums dating back all the way to his days doing the 1st ariel stunt work ever done for the series RIPCORD. If you ever have the privilege to run into the guy, be sure to ask him to share with you his photo albums and memoirs. He even knew Tiny Brodrick, the first parachutist, and yes, she was a woman! While Bob still tries to make at least a couple jumps/week, he is getting old. It is very important that someone who is literary minded find some way to secure his memoirs, stories, and photo albums, and discussions there of for our sport's history and archives. If something should ever happen to Bob, much skydiving history will be lost with him! Respect and listen to your elders, for they have so much to share, and from them we all have so much to learn!