INSANEDADDY

The Old Skydive Spaceland

Thanks -- I knew it was Ken something! I even got the Gi part right.
Done fixed it.
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Yup about Dwayne -- I got the list out of order, and now I can't edit my post any more because it's been too long. Dagnabbit!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Now you went and made me smile!:)Hi there!

Wendy Wilkinson

Is that you Wendy in the third pic? WSCR? What year was that? Is that the Old Spaceland Metro Otter in the back ground?

You dont't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.......You can only decide how you're going to live........NOW.
-BASE 1605 Night BASE 227

Yep, center back, and that is the Metro Otter. The year would have to be sometime in 1979 or 1980 I think, because I quit using that jumpsuit around the beginning of 1981.

That's Karalee Justus right next to me. My jumpsuit was like the one on the end of the back row, only a shade darker green.

Thanks for posting those, Mark!

Wendy

You chicks are hot in those suits.......I love looking at old skydiving pics. Do you have anymore of the Old Spaceland? Aerial shots of the DZ???I am sure camera flying was not very popular in 1980. I did not think video camera's were even out in 1980. I really enjoyed that......

You dont't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.......You can only decide how you're going to live........NOW.

Jeez Wendy, you look like a youngster!!!

back row starting L to R
Beth,Kathy,You,Karalee,Linda,Dana

Front row L to R

Jenny,Olivia,Karla

I have been searching for some from "tequila bottle target practice with browning machine gun on the runway" night but havent found them yet.......I'll keep looking..........incriminating or comprimising:D photos will not be shown, as long as sufficient bribes are received :P
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

Here's a link I found on the "Abandoned and Little Used Airports" site about "ancient" Spaceland. Contains a slide show with very old pictures of Spaceland and some of Doc's place.

http://www.hdfed.com/spx/spx.html

(No, I still can't make it clicky)>:(>:(
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

That's Jimmy Heffernan's site; he was a really good friend of Bill Lee's. Bill said he sucks, because there aren't any pictures of his friend Bill in there at all!:P

Wendy

That is a very cool website. The link at the top is cool also. Is about abandon airfields. There was one right down the street from my house and did not even know it. Also found the old metro airport on hwy 3. There is a lot of history behind the abandon airfields. Thanks for sharing.

Yes Windy that was Daves last jump
That picture is in my loft by the phone
And the first Otter that was owned by Spaceland went back to the factory it was Our Otter and it came back as the short nosed Otter that was called Kahuna 1
Before that we rented by the hour from Metro the first Super Otter we used to rent was Otter 500
On Friday night or Saturday morning we'd go to Metro and remove seats and such to turn it into a jump plane I got a free jump for that.

Good to hear from you too Mark
this is my second post to dz.com
so no case of beer
I've always gone to the rigging and had no Idea this was going on somwhere else
Till my daughter said said she was e-chating with some guy from Elsnor and I should look around
and yes I lived to reproduce she's 20 now
glad to hear your still alive
hope your doing well

I've always gone to the rigging and had no Idea this was going on somwhere else
Till my daughter said said she was e-chating with some guy from Elsnor and I should look around

Hey Billy,

Glad to see you are finding your way around after so long. It looks like there are a lot of old Spacelanders here. And lots of good stories. :P

Kevin Keenan
SCR 3022
======================
Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
nor do the Wind, the Sun, or the Rain...

What I'd like to see are some old pics of Don "Doc" Stewart I could hold over his head as beer blackmail...:P

Or maybe some proof to back up some of his wild-ass stories from the "old days."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."