INSANEDADDY

The Old Skydive Spaceland

Call your friends, e-mail your buddies, wake the neighbors…

It's time for a Downtown Freefall Society Old Spaceland Dinosaur Reunion Dinner! a great excuse to party!

Friday, April 22, 7:00 p.m.

Mamacita's Mexican Restaurant & Cantina
(Everyone has fond memories of their patio, right?!)
515 East NASA Road 1
[East of I-45 between Highway 3 and
El Camino Real/Egret Bay Boulevard]
League City, Texas
281-332-5362

Let me know if you can make it, so I can warn 'em!

Mel

[email protected]
281-486-6171 (home)
713-299-8566 (cell)

location close? check
right people? check
good restaurant? check
beer/liquor available? check
Wendy in town that night? bzzzzzzzzzt

I think you need to reschedule

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

R.I.P Spaceland. I rode by the DZ today just to take a look, not much to see. Even the highway is changed, and Dead Baby Curve no longer there, but a whole new four lane highway cuts through. The entrance to a new subdivision stands where the machine gun range once was, still remember hearing those Thompsons pop while under canopy. Beacon Rides at Spaceland Airpark where the best, guess those will have to remain just a memory also.

Boatman's Otter was # 500, not the one in the picture. My brother would demo it at airshows, he claimed it was the best made. Just for old time sakes I ran my two wheeler up to free fall speed, just like I'd done on the runway so many times before. Check out the bumper stickers of the time (posted)

And I'm still wanting to go up to Stephenville. Unfortunately this weekend I'm out of town; I'm in Cali for a conference, and staying through the weekend for some sightseeing

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I made a couple of jumps at Spaceland in 1980. My first ever Otter jump was in 933MA (I think) . I filmed my girlfriends SCR jump labor Day 1980 and on the load was a local named Kevin who jumped shoeless and was always saying "This aint no disco". Then the GF got the SCR ritual. I remember the load had about 22 jumpers and/or observers and 933MA climed like a rocket. I have never been in a Otter that performed like that one. Maybe the pilots had no regard for Metro Airlines fuel. Then I flew back to Oregon and jumped out of worn out Cessnas.
Regards, Barney

INSANEDADDY

I found the pic of the metro otter I was talking about earlier. I am not sure if it was the one from Houston metro or not. I dont know how to post a picture. Can some one help me post this pic?

I have a lot of pics from Spaceland in Dickinson. I'll post a couple here.
Exiting - Red - myself White - Landon Kelsey
Standing - Red - Gary Ormand - White - Landon Kelsey

~Paul Creel SCS-5015