debonair

WSCR?

So, do people still go for this award? It's the Women's Star Crest Recipient. You have to dock 8th or later on an all-female base.

Deb
WSCR-1178

AZChallenger JFTC99/02 GOFAST300 STILLUV4WAY
"It's nothing 1000 jumps won't cure..."
- Jeff Gorlick, Seattle Sky Divers

8th or later? Don't you mean WSCS for that?

I know what it is, I love the SCR tradition (its a big deal in Texas, but apparently most of the rest of the country could really give a shit anymore...sad).

You know what I want to get? The Hoop SCR, that'd be kick ass.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That's called the, SCSA and there have been 336 Recipients

The Star Crest Skydiver Award ( hoop dive ) must freefly the exit (no grips) and the award is achieved by eight (8) or more skydivers passing through a hoop held by two others and forming an 8-way or larger formation on the other side of the hoop. A minimum of ten (10) skydivers are required to earn this award and the 2 hoop holders are included.

And, if you wanna get friskie...

Only 15 recipients have been awarded the Universal Skydiver Award (USA).

You can find this info on www.scr-awards.com

Only 15 recipients have been awarded the Universal Skydiver Award (USA).

Yup. I've read up on it and have been thinking about it...I think it would take some practice, but it could be pulled off by some jumpers at my DZ and myself...atleast I hope so, since it'd be cool to have.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Never went for the number. Did a number of jumps trying for a women's NSCSA (hey, if you're gonna aim, aim high), but we quit after a too-low breakoff.

But my memory was that if the base was all women, the women in the 8-way got the WSCR too -- don't they?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I checked the site and it does not even list a Womens SCR.

SCR Awards

In Lost Prairie we went for a Montana Womens record of 35. The current record still stands at 33... since we had one woman out. I have not seen too much interest in any SCR Awards here in the NW.

Amazon
D-4888
SCR 5993
POPS 9037
OK yeah I am an older woman.. get over it

Bill Stage administers the WSCRs, and not Bill Newell. At least he did a long time ago...

Wendy W.
SCR 6662
NSCSA 26
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Maybe we should work on some of those at the Holiday Boogie.. There are usually too few women around at most DZ ... at least up here it seems that way... to go for 8 way all womens jumps... so many are now involved in freeflying and dont want to try being into larger formations...on their bellies.... and they just dont have the requisite skills. There were too many women at Lost Prairie who just did not feel comfortable enough with their belly skills to join in the fun. I bet there are enough of us to do some womens hybrids down there at the Holiday Boogie too.

Amazon
D-4888
SCR 5993
POPS 9037

8th or later? Don't you mean WSCS for that?

I know what it is, I love the SCR tradition (its a big deal in Texas, but apparently most of the rest of the country could really give a shit anymore...sad

Guys have to enter 8th or later for a WSCR, also the first 8 have to be all women or the deal is off. So I don't know if guys can even get the WSCS, but then we're the guests on the ladies' dive, no ?

I was kind of wonderin' what's happened to the Star Crest too, it used to be real big everywhere, now nobody even mentions it. -SCR8018, SCS-4497

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !