juanesky

Who is B.J Worth\

Could anyone give me any info or point me to the right direction to who was him? Full name, websites etc?

Thanks and blue skies!
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

B.J. Worth is currently The Chairman of the Board of the United States Parachute Association. (1)

He is also a movie stunt coordinator doing skydiving related stunts -- most notably in the James Bond series. (2)

He is also a very well known and well respected world record size big-way organizer (3) and has been instrumental in a number of other high-profile skydives. (4)

Is there something you're specifically looking for?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

B.J. Worth is currently The Chairman of the Board of the United States Parachute Association. (1)

He is also a movie stunt coordinator doing skydiving related stunts -- most notably in the James Bond series. (2)

He is also a very well known and well respected world record size big-way organizer (3) and has been instrumental in a number of other high-profile skydives. (4)

Is there something you're specifically looking for?

I admire B.J. Worth. Here comes my next question - how much money can he make from each James Bond movie. I am asking because that has to be a very lucky man. Traveling, doing what you love and then watching 'James Bond' movie with friends and be able to say - look - that's me!... :)

So how much can B.J. (or other stuntmen) make of let's say 'Golden Eye' or 'Moonraker'. I am sure these figures are not some kind of secret... I am simply looking for some industry rates, not B.J.'s personal financial data. I am also courios and jealous B|.

>I am asking because that has to be a very lucky man.

There could well be some luck and karma involved.

I was involved in some of his adventures in the 70's.
What I saw was vision, a real talent for pulling together
and juggling a zillion different threads and ingredients,
and a truly unbelievable amount of work.

He told me once during that time that he hadn't spent
more than 10 days in one place in several years. He
was always zooming around the world arranging ingredients
and possibilities.

Our in joke in those days was the free helicopters.

He would look at us and say "Trust me. All you have
to do is spend your life savings and travel here and
there and there will be some free helicopters.".

And we would always fall for it.

If the helicopters fell through he would always come
up with some equally good ploy.

Skr

BJ Worth is someone to be admired for his many unique contibutions to the sport. To set the record straight on the 1988 Olympics in Korea, B.J. was Vice President of USA Skydiving Society, the oganization who secured the orginal written agreement from the Seoul Olympic Oganizing Committee for the Opening Ceremonies. I know because I was President and CEO of USASS and personally negoiated the agreement. B.J. did an excellent job of organizing the Olympic Rings portion of the exibition. What wasn't shown on NBC television was the 22 members of the Korean Army and a representative from 23 countries entered the Olympic Stadium before the Olm,pic Rings. After landing the 45 members of the pre-olympic rings group landed on the track and were joined by Korean dancers parading around track in a tradtional Korean dance. The political compromise that allowed the Olympic Rings was the encluding of the Korean Army and 23 countries.
I have some of the Special moments with the Olympic Committee documented on my website: http://skydiving.web.com
Tony Brogdon
D-12855