1 1
chuteless

george bosworth USA Team member 1950s

does anyone know what happened to George Bosworth, a member of the USA parachute team in the 1950s?? He lived in Buffalo NY during the 60s, but I lost track of him. He is a great guy, and was a big help in the beginnibng of my jumping career. If you know if he's still alive and well, could you advise me. Thanks much, BILL COLE D41 Canada

• Like 1

Wow, there's a name from the past - George E. Bosworth - C23! I made many a jump with George at the old Amherst Sport Parachute Club in the mid-to-late 60's. He was quite a character but I lost track of George after ASPC closed and merged with Frontier Skydivers in Akron, NY. I may have a photo of him somewhere which I'll scan and post if I can find it!

Here's a picture from 1952 in Danville, Virginia my uncle Ray Ricketts took. This is George Bosworth (the pilot) looking over the broken body of Ramon F. Brocker, who unfortunately had his pilot chute suspension lines catch on his boot, then snapped back on the main canopy. According to Ray he hit the ground rather hard and only lived for about 2 hours. His wife watched the entire ordeal.
My uncle Ray Ricketts was good friends with George, but lost touch with him 12 years ago. I have lots of color! slides from the 50's of George, Lew Sanborn, Lyle Hoffman, J.A.Istel, Floyd Hobby, and others.
Uncle Ray was the Chief Judge at the 1954 and 1955 National Aircraft Shows in Dayton OH and Philadelphia.
If I can figure out where to post them on this website, I can scan them to share with everyone.
You can also email me at ricketts1 -AT- verizon.net

• On 3/14/2012 at 7:41 PM, ricketts1 said:
    • Here's a picture from 1952 in Danville, Virginia my uncle Ray Ricketts took. This is George Bosworth (the pilot) looking over the broken body of Ramon F. Brocker, who unfortunately had his pilot chute suspension lines catch on his boot, then snapped back on the main canopy. According to Ray he hit the ground rather hard and only lived for about 2 hours. His wife watched the entire ordeal.
      My uncle Ray Ricketts was good friends with George, but lost touch with him 12 years ago. I have lots of color! slides from the 50's of George, Lew Sanborn, Lyle Hoffman, J.A.Istel, Floyd Hobby, and others.
      Uncle Ray was the Chief Judge at the 1954 and 1955 National Aircraft Shows in Dayton OH and Philadelphia.
      If I can figure out where to post them on this website, I can scan them to share with everyone.
      You can also email me at [email protected]

George Bosworth was my uncle. My father is Harry Bosworth. He asked me to please let everyone know that George passed away in 1993. My father has really enjoyed me reading all the posted comments. He was also 82nd Airborne. You may reach me at [email protected].  My father will be 91 on September 17, 2020. He would love to talk with anyone that wants to hear more about George.

On 4/4/2008 at 2:27 PM, ripcord4 said:

Wow, there's a name from the past - George E. Bosworth - C23! I made many a jump with George at the old Amherst Sport Parachute Club in the mid-to-late 60's. He was quite a character but I lost track of George after ASPC closed and merged with Frontier Skydivers in Akron, NY. I may have a photo of him somewhere which I'll scan and post if I can find it!

I am looking for anyone who may have jumped at Amherst in the early 60s and known Kathryn "Kay" Crosby.  She was the first woman to jump with the club on October 30, 1960.  If you knew her or know anyone who may have, please contact me.

Buffalo Courier Express Sunday October 30.pdf