jtval

start of "BOOGIE"

>were you part of the Arvin Good Guys in November '67 for the first ever RW competition (10-way star)

Yes.

If you're wanting to know more about some aspect
of this like who or how or why I can check my log
book or even my failing memory.

Hi Mr Garrison

Our logbooks our priceless to us old farts due to our failing memory. My problem is I cant remember where I put the damn thing due to my senior moments. But I know it's somewhere in my house so as along as I'm in the right house I can eventually find it in a couple of days. In the wrong house it takes a little longer because I have to wait for the cops to release me from lockup and take me home.:S:)

R.I.P.

Skr

> Hi Mr Garrison

"Mr Garrison"? .. glancing nervously over his shoulder.

Nobody's called me that in a really long time!

I wonder whether anybody is left on rec.skydiving?

They all seem to be hanging out over here now.

Skr

Hi Scratch

The Mr Garrision was a sign of respect for everything you did for the sport back in the "bad old days" when you was on the leading edge of RW and a sweet young thing:o

I haven't been to Wreck. for a long time their "free for all system" doesn't seem to work for me.:( They did have a bunch of nice folks. But some of the others were a little to much for even me.

Gotta go with the flow. Lifes to short

R.I.P.

I was fortunate enough to attend every Boggie/Boogie, except this years. I was told I could go but wouldnt have a job to come back to. In Michigan they are rare.As I have stated before Boogie-man was from a Laurel and Hardy movie "The march of the Tin Soldiers" It was also in WWII songs like "The boogie -Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B" I agree with the Keep on Trucking guy. Does any still have or a picture of the "Keep on Trackimg" T-Shirt . It had a guy with a belly wart reserve with canopy coming out"Frenchie jump boots in a steep track grinning. My darling wife threw away that and my original misspelled Boggie because they were worn out. The main reason they were worn out they were collectors items, and my favorites. I let the boogie guy T-Shirt from Scotty Carbone,be copied by Steve on the Airports copy machine. It has then become the logo on the mugs tickets and t-shirts. I retired it before it fell off to be framed for a wall decoration. I didnt give them the number of jumps it had there and other DZ's but at least 500..
Here we go again to back in the day. A boogie was described as meeting the following requirements
You had to drive a minimum of 300 mile
You jumped with the people you normally didnt jump with from your home DZ
Being from Michigan you hid non-returnable beerin the Michigan returnable boxes for refunds back home
You couldnt leave unless you did another night nude beacon ride to keep your status current
The Scrambles at Hinckley were always great too. First Twin -Otter jumps in 73 and a low Freak Brother number[ 128] . I could of had 58 but Carl lost his pen and I waited for next year.
The reason it was changed to WFFC Roger wanted to up grade our status From Freak Brothers for advertising purposes . After leaving Freakport it seemed necessary. but a porcine is still a pig with a latin name. Bluffed Quincy for a while though. I am smiling as I peck away at the keys stiring up memories. Unlees I am in a cardboard box ready to have my ashes dumped out of by a bunch of fools wanting to spit out them I will be at Richmond in 2008

I heard from your gang in tent city about the job thing, I knew some shit was up for you not to attend the 20th year, you were missed for sure by many, some more then others.....:P But don't worrie there was nakkkkkedness. But hey we saved you a T-shirt....:)

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Skydivers were banned from the City of Richmond, In for several years, due to their excesses

If you remember the "excesses" you weren't excess enough!

At the '77 SCR Scrambles the local cops wanted reinforcements, so they brought in every uniformed service they could find.

The Fish & Game people made us release the local girls because they hadn't grown to legal size yet.

Or so I was told.....

BSBD

Harry
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

"I started in 73 also.In Covington,La.We had an annual Mardi Gras Parachute Meet...which started out as accuracy.....Then we had three man scrambles......three man...backloop....three man.When Greene County took over it changes to 10 way speed scrambles.At that time the name changed to boogie to draw people that didnt want to compete...but just have fun....or boogie.Also...Man changes to Way.....PC"

I was at the Mardi Gras meet in Covington in '72. The weather sucked so all we did was Boogie. Nice to be able to camp at the airfield but there was no jumping that year.