Raefordite

Invitation to Raeford, NC

July 19 – 20th, 2003; WHO is B.O.B? The Bill Ottley Boogie!! Meet Bill Ottley and other guests. Some of the best historians of our sport. Stories from the people that were there and here today. Meet several of the pioneers of skydiving! Turbine aircraft, good friends, good fun! Call (910) 904 0000, email [email protected] or http://www.jumpraeford.com/Events.htm for more details.

For all those that enjoy the "living" history and fun of skydiving - please join us at Raeford Parachute Center, North Carolina to meet, mingle and skydive with a lot of great folks.

I am also looking for that "living" history. So if any one can PM me with anyone's information or ask them to contact me, I would greatly appreciate it. I have some contacts but don't want to leave anyone out.

I have to say this was an outstanding presentation and gathering of this sports most ELITE and pioneers of modern skydiving. When you look around the room and you see the likes of Az Airspeed, The Golden Knights ,World champions past and present and people who's D Numbers are no more than three digits , it is truely a sight to see. All of these people gathered to listen to Bill Ottley tell the history of skydiving intently as if they had never done or heard what he was speaking of. The setting was perfect, Aviators bar and grill right on the DZ and most had an adult beverage in hand but you could of heard a pin drop when Bill Ottley paused between sentences. We watched THE first skydiving movie on the big screen and saw how the pioneers of the sport brought skydiving into the mainstream and everyones living rooms in true 50's style. It also marked the beginning of the helmet camera as they actually mounted a movie camera to a helmet for air to air coverage. The amount of history and skill in that room that night was mind numbing. We watched as Bill Ottley and Gene Paul Thacker where made members of the Jumpers Over Seventy( JOS) and let me say they still have low numbers as both of their numbers were in the double digits.

Of course, after the presentation we all gathered in true DZ fashion and drank, told stories, shook hands with one another and took pictures. it was a fantastic night and one not to be forgotten soon. I will post the pictures of the event as soon as possible in my personal gallery for everyone to see.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I got so incredibly drunk that I could not speak. Pure, unintelligible gibberish. It was at that time that I decided I needed to head back to the RV. It was a great night.

The weather hosed us on Saturday; only one Otter up before the monsoon, but today was awesome.

Chuck