ralu

What was your first canopy?

28' LL static line at 2,800'

28 7TU 1st freefall 3,000'

first owned brand spanking new B4 conainer with a military surplus never been jumped sport modified orange and white 28' 7 TU. $150 from Para-Gear ; another $60 for a 24' unmodified flat. ;)

Red, White and Blue Skies,

John T. Brasher D-5166

my first canopy was a solid black Fury 220 with 500 jumps already on it; it had black lines faded to dark grey, called it m' 'stealth' canopy- kept it at first in an old borrowed Sweethog, then got modern with one of the first velcro-retrofitted Dolphins....now I've got a nice ZP Spectre in that same comfy old Dolphin...:)

I'm really very gentle, no matter what my kung-fu teacher says... he is giving me a reputation I do not deserve!

first canopy. well, that wouldhave to be a big fat skymaster 230. and at 11 years old, and about 115 pounds and a 135 exit weight, it was slow as hell.

edit: well, if you want first owned canopy. you see mom and dad bought me about 4 canopies before i just bought my own, so that would be a 85 vx.

later

I'll add my first square owned....a Cobra 10. This was a Stratostar copy made by National. Very hard openings, landings not much better. When I sold this after making about 80 jumps on it and got a Pegasus I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. The Pegasus was sooooo nice in comparison.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

That looks like a Piglet rig (or a knockoff, although I don't remember any of those).

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Mine was a 28foot sulplus canopy with a double L modification .The reserve was a 24 foot surplus twill.
It came complete with a B4 harness and container from McElfish Parachute Service Dallas Tx for the total cost of $63.00.The year 1964.