ralu

What was your first canopy?

Mine was a round, russian made T4-4MP. I get nostalgia when I think of her..:$
ralu

A C-9 orange and white 28ft flat circular with a 7 panel double L cut. Paid $25 for it and $10 for a T-10 reserve. Jumpsuit was $10 red coveralls from Sears. The year, 1963. Holy Cow! That was 40 years ago.:o
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

A big blue tarp and string from the local hardware store. Took to hill jumping on windy days with me hanging onto one side and my brother on the other.

...the landings were hard.

- Maximus

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

A big blue tarp and string from the local hardware store. Took to hill jumping on windy days with me hanging onto one side and my brother on the other.

...the landings were hard.

I made one with an old sheet and some string. I'm sure glad Grandma was paying attention that day or I'd be dead.

never pull low......unless you are

First one i jumped was a T-10...followed by a 32 ft diameter navy round...followed by my first purchased canopy of a used PC.....than a RW-PC...than a cloud followed by a cloud-lite...followed by a succesion of sabre-170.....jumped other canopies....but only for a few jumps here and there.

C 8 with a 7TU mod followed the next day on a C-9 7TU both in B12 Containers. Can't say I loved the rigs, but that first one was Aug 19 1973 and I still remember the jumps well. At Port Severn DZ in Ontario.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

Mine was a Fury 220. I jumped that canopy from jump #16 till well into my 600s. At 155lbs that big 7 cell was a target shooting machine. I got my pro rating on the first attempted 10 jumps required. When it got tired it was replaced with a brand new one, but It isn't my everyday canopy now, I just break it out for demos and freshen up jumps.

jumpervali

A 28 foot C8. I think that was what a white unmodified white 28 footer was called. Bought it from a US Navy serviceman posted to Operation Deepfreeze in Antarctica. Danny McLaughlin in Christchurch Enzed modified it to a 7-TU. Couldn't jump it though - it was too hot for me - had to do 5 more jumps on a double L first. Jumping a PC or Crossbow was out of the question.

An Army surplus T-10 with a T 7-A chest mount reserve.I bought a rig with a 5 cell parafoil and a 26 Navy conical reserve.The rig was a Condor with R-3 Capewells.
I graduated to a PC when I changed DZ's on my 5th jump and got to jump my own rig by my 50th or so jump (in those days they wouldn't let you jump a square until you had at least 50 jumps).
I made 3 reserve rides with that rig.I bought a Manta in 1984 with a Wonderhog,made about 3 jumps on it and then had a 15 year hiatus from the sport.

First main was a 24 ft reserve with a 5TU.( I only weighed 87pounds)
The reserve was a26ft navy conical.( Bigger than the Main)
The harness was custom made for an Army WAC at Ft. Knox Ky.( I was 4ft 11inches)
It was white with PINK PADS! I wouldn't jump it till we tried to dye it black. It turned out gray with Maroon Pads. Now that was acceptable for a 13 year old.
GW685,D3888,C5052,SCS843

First main was a 24 ft reserve with a 5TU.( I only weighed 87pounds)
The reserve was a26ft navy conical.( Bigger than the Main)
The harness was custom made for an Army WAC at Ft. Knox Ky.( I was 4ft 11inches)
It was white with PINK PADS! I wouldn't jump it till we tried to dye it black. It turned out gray with Maroon Pads. Now that was acceptable for a 13 year old.

Damn! Nice rig small volumn, I had to read it twice to catch that the main was a 5 TU 24 foot reserve!!

My first rig was a 28' orange and white 7 TU with a eliptical cut for the extra drive with a 24' reserve. The container was a B4 with the sides extended, and reached from the bottom of my butt to the back of my neck 5'2" (vertically challenged), weighed about 120#'s. Had to wait until we were 21 yr's old because we needed momma's permission if We were under age .

Still remember sitting in the plane climbing to altitude , no door, cold and one shoulder strap kept on slipping off my shoulder, and the damn B4 container hitting me in the back of my helmet since I was sittiing down

We jumped at a small DZ and were not allowed to jump the infamous killer PC until we had 75 jumps on rounds. That was the rule no downsizing because of the "high performance" PC and we might hurt ourselve's making a low turn to close to the ground.

Time march's on:)
R.I.P.