Kirils

muff brothers?

Could anyone explain the Muff Brothers thing? I was at the Goodtime boogie in Parkman this last July and there was a lot activity where the Muff Brothers were mentioned.
"Slow down! You are too young
to be moving that fast!"

Old Man Crawfish

Well, I'm still in the dark. Is a muff just a name? Are there muff sisters? Do you wear a muff? Can you smoke a muff? Do you eat a muff? Can you pull a muff over your ears? Does a muff "muffle" your voice? Can you get "muffed" off?
Any assistance in solving the muff mystery is appreciated.
"Slow down! You are too young
to be moving that fast!"

Old Man Crawfish

go to the website. The simple answer, though, is yes, we jump with ear muffs on our head in order to get a number, then regularly afterwards if we feel like it. It is a band of layed back, in it for the fun, skydivers who get together at boogies and party and jump together, exactly like the Rodriguez Brothers. As a matter of fact, the two bands are very similar and many, many people are members of both loose-knit organizations.

Chuck

In case you could not bring up the web site, here it is for you:

Muff History

Dennis McGlynn, Steve Jester, Jeff Miller and I made the first muffdive in Longview, Texas 11/1/1986.

Dennis Is mainly responsible for the momentum of Muffbros,

He used to wear some pink earmuffs around the drop zone in between jumps, Jeff started calling him muff brother and I guess it stuck, That's pretty much how muffbro's started, and the rest is history.

Rod Fugler

Could anyone explain the Muff Brothers thing? I was at the Goodtime boogie in Parkman this last July and there was a lot activity where the Muff Brothers were mentioned.

I'm M.B.#2990 at the Rantoul WFFC
We did a "magic Carpet" jump as some us us were inducted. We hit an average speed of 201mph and my muffs made a nice cut into the back of my ear but, it was worth it.
All Muff Brothers jumps are about FUN, no egos and smiles with friends around the Globe:)p.s. I miss the little town of Pflugerville, I'd be near better weather to.[:/]

I became a Muff at Quincy 2000, on my 295 skydive, jumped with Papa Muff himself. Muff Bro's is about fun, no pressure skydives. If you dont get in, no one gets mad, dont take yourself too seriously, jump with up and comings, show em a good time. If some one at the DZ yells "HEY ASSHOLE" all Muffs turn and say "What!"

Yep,
I'm reply "WHAT?", with pride now.
the Muff JUMPS in did with Johnny Gates, @Rantoul, were the more remembered ones;).
My home Dz friends kept me busy and I honestly preffered the Muff over the "practice competition" RW.
"Still stuck in PA",
-Grant

I got my muff # (515) somewhere around 1993 with the dubious honor of having Steve and Dennis as my inductors. The video is one I will always cherish. Hey guys, if anyone from here jumps with them, tell them Doug Ackerman from Lodi says "hi!" ;)
--Doug--

~~See ya in the clouds!~~

I got my muff # (515) somewhere around 1993 with the dubious honor of having Steve and Dennis as my inductors. The video is one I will always cherish. Hey guys, if anyone from here jumps with them, tell them Doug Ackerman from Lodi says "hi!" ;)

I got my 915 in 94.... gues that year was busy! lol ... and it was with Steve and Dennis too!
Remster

Ok I am a Muff Brother(MB) 3219, I sign all my jumps with my MB # and not my USPA #, USPA does recongze MB the last time I looked.

So how do you become a MB??

Easy make at least 1 point with another MB while skydiving with earmuffs on!!! Thats all it is to it for the most part!!!

The next is just helpful!!!
Enjoy Skydiving!!!
Enjoy making stupid jumps like jumping with rafts, cenitpeds, alagators ect... (swimming Pool objects or beach objects)
Main and farmost have fun!!!

Well, I'm still in the dark. Is a muff just a name? Are there muff sisters? Do you wear a muff? Can you smoke a muff? Do you eat a muff? Can you pull a muff over your ears? Does a muff "muffle" your voice? Can you get "muffed" off?
Any assistance in solving the muff mystery is appreciated.

I started jumping in 1967 and a phrase going around then was "No sky to high ,no muff to tuff". That would answer your question about eating one. while not actually swallowing it.Never got my nymber wish I did though