drenaline

The truth of the Paracommander

I just bought a MK I PC (churchwindow) and need something to put it in. Anybody got anything for sale?

Sure, got a a Crossbow 2 pin that I pulled a Mark1 out of... but it would need a little TLC.

I would suggest a tandem rig, or just trashbag the thing out of the airplane while connected to a SECOND harness.

With the others, there was always the potential of cutting away one side and not the other for some reason.

Few riggers and fewer jumpers knew back then how to "tune" 1 1/2 shots to release smoothly.

All you had to do or have the rigger do is gently bend in the hooks that fit into the male part of the mechanism, repeating until you had a nice smooth release on both sides.

Another thing I was taught was to hook a finger or two from the top and pull down. Some people had the covers deflected up from the relative wind effectively covering the rings or interfering with accessing them with your thumbs. And don't forget to cover those "grappling hook" pieces of hardware when you pull the reserve.
Ah, yes. Those were the days but, thank the Good Lord for all the advances.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Meatload flavored only...please!:)

You can keep that Liver & Onion ice cream
stuff all to yourself!:P

Ah Jim, is there something you want to tell us?:$:D
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Thank gawd, I was hoping that picture of Pan? and the goat didn't have any adverse influence on you.:)