jdewey95

Jumping near Richmond

Hi everyone,

I just moved to Richmond for grad school. I probably won't have too much time to jump just because of the workload this semester, but I might as well familiarize myself with the area. Any Richmond jumpers have recommendations for places to go/avoid? Thanks!

Virginia Skydiving Center is 35 minutes South of Richmond and we fly a King Air that climbs like a rocket. Carol Clay organizes RW every weekend and we have a solid cast of free-flyers. Overnight social time is at our neighboring campground.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

jdewey95

Thanks for the info! I'll try to make my way down this weekend or next.

And sorry for the confusion, I did mean Richmond VA.

Cool. We're trying to line up a Tailgate for the weekend because our King-Air is down for an engine repair. We'll only have a 182 flying if not so you may want to try another weekend.

Get on the FB Group page to follow info: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VirginiaSkydivingCenter/

jdewey95

Just joined the FB group. Still have a ton of apps to finish so I'll probably be there next weekend. Thanks!

Keep you eye out for the type of aircraft we'll have. Our King-Air is still down and the focus is keeping tandems and students going in the 182. It will be back in time for our Boogie on the weekend of Sept 9th.