Mleadley

Skydive Chicago - unlimited 1 month pass

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has done this and how many jumps did you do? When would be the best time of year to go?

I'm from the UK so trying to figure out if it's worth ditching a month in our summer to come over and jump.

Any advice / experiences appreciated.

Thanks

I heard Rook may be raising the price this year, as some guys did an insane number of jumps on this. I believe he limits the number of unlimited passes bought, but again, check the website or call the DZ.

The price also increases in the summer months. If you can go in April, or wait until September, you'll get a lower cost (at least, that's how it worked last year).

Some guys who reviewed their experiences on Skydive Radio were super aggressive in getting a lot of jumps, but some just liked knowing they already had the month paid for and could hop on a load anytime they wanted. Of course, the best bang for the buck is to live on the DZ for the month. You can survive in a tent, but an RV (you can rent those and split the cost with someone else) offers a bit more comfort during inclement weather, and provides facilities to prepare many of your own meals.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Mleadley

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has done this and how many jumps did you do? When would be the best time of year to go?

I'm from the UK so trying to figure out if it's worth ditching a month in our summer to come over and jump.

Any advice / experiences appreciated.

Thanks

I am a UK jumper as well and have looked it this myself, you don't have to get too many jumps to break even and as far as i can tell the weather is pretty simialr to ours in the summer so a bit of a gamble. Seems like a no brainer though if you have the money, the DZ is supposed to be a great place to jump.