SecondRound

websites and calenders not much help

I have been trying to plan a winter trip from MN. It seems like event listings on the major DZ websites have gone untended , and Facebook has not filled the gap. A trip usually requires 6 weeks to 10 weeks to plan and make arrangements. Sadly the DeLands and Eloys no longer seem to provide much info that far ahead. If I am missing a resource, please throw some light on my ignorance, otherwise this may become the Winter of my discontent.

Skydive Arizona just changed Event Coordinators. The new one is in the process of getting the website's calendar back up and running.
If what's on the printed wall calendar hasn't changed, the SIS boogie is the last weekend in January; Airspeed Bigway Camp is Valentines weekend (2/10-2/12; sign up by emailing Niklas Hemlin); the following weekend should be the MFS Money Meet. Safety Day is 3/11 and so is the next night jump. That's what I can remember off the top of my head. Airspeed also has a tunnel camp every month except April (those are all listed on their own Facebook page). If you have questions about a specific time period, feel free to shoot me a pm :-)

The calendar here relies on dropzones submitting their event. There's a FB group that I know of, but even that isn't updated that much. It would be nice if there was something current. [:/]

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

SecondRound

I have been trying to plan a winter trip from MN. It seems like event listings on the major DZ websites have gone untended , and Facebook has not filled the gap. A trip usually requires 6 weeks to 10 weeks to plan and make arrangements. Sadly the DeLands and Eloys no longer seem to provide much info that far ahead. If I am missing a resource, please throw some light on my ignorance, otherwise this may become the Winter of my discontent.

I haven't seen youi mention Parachutist magazine. Did you look at the events listings there?