DemolitionDarby

Skydiving in Australia

Hey guys,

I’m taking a trip to Australia in February of 2017. I’ll be in Brisbane, Golden Coast, and Sydney. If anyone has jumped in or around those areas, please chime in and fill me on the best spots to jump B|

Also, I’ll be traveling light so I won’t have a rig. Hopefully someone on here knows where I can get a few fun jumps in, and rent a rig.

Thank you!

Full list of DZ's here

http://www.apf.asn.au/APF-Zone/Skydive-Info/Drop-Zone-List

Byron Bay is close to Gold Coast, Great views
Ramblers is hour and half from Brisbane, largest fun jump operation near Brisbane

Goulburn and Moruya are must see locations

Picton will get you going quick near Sydney but doesn't have much night life for the evenings

If you get to South Australia the clubs down there are full of fun people as well

and if you get into North QLD its pretty fun too I hear

lastly, we do rig rentals at Mee Loft ( meeloft.com.au ) which could be easier than trying to get one every where you go. AU$550 per month unlimited jumps ;)

I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

Ramblers at brisband
from sydney you have a few options. Picton operates most days of the week. Moruya is nice but a bit of a drive. Elderslie, the newcastle sports parachute club is an awesome place as well.

All should have rental gear of some description available.

You will require a membership in the australian parachute federation. Overseas visitors can purchase a one month temporary membership.

more info cab be found at apf.asn.au they will have a dz listing and event calendar there as well.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I'd recommend checking in with the DZ's, as I am headed out to Cairns, in less than a month and the DZ there doesn't allow fun jumpers, its only a tandem shop. The "nearest" fun jump DZ from Cairns is Byron Bay, which is a 20 hr drive from where I will be. Go to the source for detailed and accurate info.

grimmie

Elderslie for sure. What a great little DZ.

And theyre running a caravan most weekends now :)

Worth contacting the dz before heading out as they are required to be closed for 1 weekend per month and the date can change due to weather.
Have you seen my pants?

radical_flyer

Any thoughts on sydney skydivers? I was thinking of going there for the skyvan and otters but I've seen some shit reviews, even from a sports jumper.

No more skyvan or otter anywhere in australia.

picton can be a very busy dropzone, running either a caravan, pac xl or beaver. They host some really good events there, but the drop zone pretty much completely shuts down at night leaving you sitting there in the dark with nithing but the local huntsman spiders to keep you company.
Have you seen my pants?