KrisS

Vegas

Hi,

Has anyone got any good info on jumping in Vegas/Nevada in early Oct, best place, good atmosphere, free jumping as well as tandem for some friends as I want to get them a jump as a wedding gift, not to far from Vegas airport etc

Any info massively appreciated,

Kris

Not many options for fun jumpers around Vegas. The only place is Skydive Mesquite - great small DZ. In the winter they got Caravan, rest of the time is 182. The only down side is that it is about 100 miles north of Vegas.

For the tandems you can go to Skydive Las Vegas - it is located at Boulder city /about 20 miles or so from Vegas but they offer shuttle/. This is typical tandem mill but they use pac 750 whic is good.

I hope this info helps

For some reason Vegas really sucks for fun jumping.

Skydive Las Vegas doesn't allow fun jumps.
Sin City is now owned by skydive Las Vegas so doesn't allow fun jumping. They've been saying "not yet" for 3 years now.

Extreme skydiving, you could say, doesn't have fun jumping. They have student gear for aff's and last time I talked to them it was 45$ a fun jump. Last time I jumped there it was 35$ and I got 9k out of a PAC on a 105* day with 3 slots empty because the pilot had no balls.

Skydive mesquite is fun jumper friendly. 1 ish hour away, rental gear, caravan in winter, 182 in summer, nice area.

Perris is 3.5 hours away. Much better.

On a side note, I don't get what the hold up is in Vegas for a dropzone like Perris. Tons of room, facilities, lodging, airspace, extra curricular activities, marketing... And people come to Vegas with MONEY!!!
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.

I have a friend who tried very hard to poen drop zone here in Vegas but finally he gave up. He told me that getting all the permits and approvals is next to impossible.

People with money comming to vegas are 99% tandem customers, not fun jumper so the tamnedm factories you mentioned don't care at all - sad but true

Mesquit is the only place in 10 miles radius that I am awere of but it is very friendly place. Brad is very nice person!

Mesquite is a great (skydiver) family dz and brad is cool as hell but it's not 10 mile radius though (at least of Vegas).

Vegas brings every possible type of convention, gathering, event you could think of and people from every country every year! Fun jumpers would show up if there was a Perris here. It would also bring more AFF and could have the same military type contracts with NellisAFB.

I heard that about the permits, too. But meh, money talks and them permits bullshit walks!! Jus need someone with enough money... Maybe I could ask trump to give up on golf and take up skydiving!
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.

I was in Las Vegas a couple years back and made at least one jump a day for a week at Vegas Extreme Skydiving in Jean. I'ts about 15 miles from the strip but they do shuttle service from several hotels. Fun jumps were $40 each and they took us up to 12-13k on every load (PAC750). Everyone was very friendly but they certainly don't cater to fun jumpers in any way.

There were a few fun jumpers there and I managed to get in on a few loads but mostly solo jumps. You don't land at the airport either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EYbZ_4SfY