KrisS

AFF Refresher

Hi all,

I'm desperately trying to find somewhere I can jump this July that's not Spain or the US, but that can sign me off USPA.

I have 35 jumps and have completed my AFF. I have completed the majority of my A Licence jumps but not all and I haven't jumped for at least 2 years.

I've spoken to 3 drop zones in the US and they have said I need to complete a ground school refresher and 1 check jump.

So I'm looking for somewhere that won't ask me to complete a full AFF again to get back jumping as that's unaffordable for me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Kris

A refresher is not a full AFF FJC. It's a review. The more you know or remember, the less the Instructor has to teach. The less the Instructor has to teach, the less the refresher looks like a full FJC. The less it looks like a full FJC, the shorter the time it takes to get through it. If it takes a while to get through a refresher course, it it highly likely it was needed. And if it is needed, better to find out through a little Q&A than when the shit hits the fan for real.

As for doing a check jump... It's a skydive. One. Live it up. Jump through the hoops, show off, prove your shit, give them reason to trust & believe. Then get your damn A license and avoid this in the future.

It was $65/$165.

I probably should have worded my question a little better. I'm more than happy to do a few levels/couched jumps and a ground school, but having to compete a full AFF from L1 would not be good for me financially.

I'm willing to take a hit but not thousands. So it's a location I'm looking for.

Advice appreciated.

I'm a little confused. Your original post says you've been told by 3 dzs that you need to do an AFF refresher and a check dive which you seem to not want to do yet your post directly above says you're willing to do a few coached jumps.

Any USPA affiliated dz should require you to do the AFF refresher plus enough coach jumps to finish checking things off on your progression card. Like another poster said an AFF refresher doesn't mean you're starting over from scratch, it's a review to see what you remember.