almqua

Lost Prairie Lodging Available

Hello everyone,

For those planning on going to Lost Prairie this year, I am looking for someone to share my lodging with me. I will be going to Lost Prairie solo, and for the first time. I have a cabin rented from 8/9-8/15 and it has a spare bedroom. It has nice amenities and is 25 minutes from Meadow Peak. The rate would be $50/night. Anyone who's interested, please PM me. Thanks

Can't help you on the cabin, sounds like a great rate though. But I will definitely see you out there!

Totally up to you if you want a cabin but I have to warn you that you will be missing the late night shenaningans :)

I am counting the sleeps down till Lost Prairie. Epic boogie stay as long as you can!

I am actually torn between camping and having off-site lodging. The only issue I keep thinking of is that I have to fly into Kalispell, so I was wondering if I have the capacity to bring everything, if you have any tips, I would absolutely love to hear them. The cabin can be cancelled with a full refund, so that's essentially a backup plan, do you tent or RV at LP?

I know some people hire caravans for the boogie. I think there is even a company that will deliver and set it up at the dz for you.

Last time i was there i flew in as well i just asked some friends who were driving to bring some extra camping gear for me
Might have better luck asking on the lp facebook event page.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Gardner RV in Kalispell is the outfit most folks use, but chances are fairly high they're booked up by now.

Here's the Facebook event page. Vader's right that most of the boogie planning action is over there now. You may be able to find some folks to loan you camping gear by posting there. Camping's cold, but it's definitely good to be on the DZ! There's shower houses and food vendors on site, so all you really need is a tent and a sleeping bag. B|

https://www.facebook.com/events/866167760135594/

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer is right (and one awesome lady to boot!) - camp on the DZ if you can. Half of this boogie is the post-jumping festivities and you will definitely miss them if you don't hang out. Free beer, bonfires, and good friends! As already stated, the nights can get a little chilly since we are in a valley surrounded by mountains. I would recommend either a cold rated sleeping bag or, just bring a couple extra blankets. If it's your FIRST Prairie, come enjoy the whole experience!
Anal Mike

HEE HAW!!!
http://www.droguedonkey.com

While it is really great to be staying at the Prairie, you won't be the only one commuting home to a cabin. If you're staying at McGregor Lake most of the cabins are rented to jumpers.
When it's hot, lots of folks will be heading to the lake anyway.
And nothing says you have to leave when jumping stops.

Either way you're going to have an unforgettable time.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Since I'm flying into Montana, want to be immersed in all the shenanigans, I decided to cancel the cabin, but I'm staying at McGregor Lake the first two nights before things really start rolling. Look out for a 3-man grey and teal Coleman, I'll most definitely have a beer on hand for y'all.