RMK

European DZs 2016

I’ve been out of jumping for the past two years and getting back into it, so my DZ knowledge is a little rusty. Planning some trips now and seeking some updated advice on DZs.

I jumped many years at Empuriabrava, but am aware it’s not the DZ it used to be. I haven’t tried Skydive Spain, Madrid or Lillo. Also looking at Gap-Tallard, France.

I’ll be mostly wingsuit or freeflying. Additional to the skydiving, I want some scenery, good food and infrastructure. I’m not a bunkhouse/tent guy, so also want a comfortable hotel nearby. Ease of arrival via a London flight is also a key factor.

Many of the reviews/threads are 10yrs out-of-date.
What are considered the best European DZs today?
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Yes, I was looking at Skydive Algarve. It looks to be a good choice for a trip with wife and kids.

Whereas as DZ like Skydive Spain (Seville) looks good from the jumping aspect, but like a lot of dropzones is in the middle of nowhere - so I could only go on my own or with jumping friends.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

As a local jumper I know quite well the DZs you have listed below.

Lillo: it has changed a lot in the last 2 years.
Pros:New facilities, nice grass landing area (which is not very common in DZs in the center of Spain) really good vibe
Cons: one plane (pilatus Porter), activitiy is not guaranteed during weekdays, no activities around apart from skydiving

Skydive Spain (Seville)
Pros: activity almost guaranteed any day of the week, 15000 feet jumps, quick planes (2 Dornier G-92), good vibe, lot of funjumpers from northern Europe, cheap ticket jumps
Cons: really need a car to get to the DZ, old facilities

Skytime Castellon:
Pros: really close to the beach, very good vibe, lot of funjumpers, amazing views in every jump, could almost arrive walking or by bus to the DZ, a lot to do apart from skydiving (sightseeing, chilling on the beach, watersports)
Cons: does not operate during most week days, one plane (pilatus Porter)