almqua

Visiting Perris/Elsinore/San Diego March 11th-20th

Hello all,

I am planning on visiting Perris/Elsinore from 3/11-3/16 and Skydive San Diego from 3/16-3/20. This is my first time visiting each one of these DZs, and I'm traveling solo. If anyone who is local, or is also visiting, wants to jump with an A-license with around 100 jumps, just let me know! Also, does anyone have a preference between Perris and Elsinore? Which one would be better for a solo visitor? Thanks in advance for all the great advice!

Hi. All three DZ's are good. All three have on sight load organizers. I used to work/ organize at Elsinore and has been my home DZ for 13 years. Check Elsinores web site for calendar of events in the experience category and try to catch an excel camp which is free coaching on proper belly techniques in a structured environment for people who want to gain or hone their skills from jump 26 A license and up. They have a bunk house and showers or you can put up a tent.

Perris also has load organizers and a shit load of lift capacity, usually not much of a long wait to jump. They have a restaurant/bar on the property, a pool, and a wind tunnel. I think they have a bunk house.

At Elsinore people will come and talk to you, ask you if you want to jump or just where are you from. At Perris you will have to initiate and ask who is organizing today. There is Grayce, mark Brown, Daralyd, and Eric and a couple of more depending on the day.

Skydive SD is a small community but fun. Pete is one of the organizers down there, luke short is another one, and they are really friendly. Again just ask at manifest who is the organizer for the day.

When you talk to the organizers where ever you go dont be shy and tell them your jump num's, experience, and comfort level and they will accommodate you.

Another good idea is to watch a load or two land to see what the traffic tendencies are and maybe do a hop n pop on the first jump to orientate your self.

If you have a hard time finding a group that you feel comfortable with and dont want to do solos, send me a PM and I will be happy to come jump with you and show you some other parts of So Cal, or San Diego outside the DZ. B|