rjangra

Places to Jump along Route 66

I am thinking of driving from Ohio to California over Christmas week. I am planning to take Route 66 and was wondering about the Dropzones along Route 66 that I can jump while I am driving. Making at least one jump in every state I drive through will be great. Will prefer the dropzones where I don't have to take long detours! If your home DZ or a dropzone you know of, is a short distance from Route 66, please let me know.

~Ram

Christmas week? I think you're going to find most everything along that route closed for the winter until you get to California. Perris/Elsinore are open year round and aren't too far south of Rte 66.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

Christmas week? I think you're going to find most everything along that route closed for the winter until you get to California. Perris/Elsinore are open year round and aren't too far south of Rte 66.

I don't know Krisanne but with the weird ass weather this year... some of the small DZ's along the route especially when they get to Oklahoma and New Mexico and AZ might be jumping....
http://www.historic66.com/

NWFlyer

I hope by "most everything" you meant all the Dropzones and not all the businesses. It will shuck if all the business were closed too.

BIGUN

The one closest to Route 66 in Oklahoma will be Skydive Airtight - however, it is 15 miles north of 66 and 5 miles west on Highway 75

http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/Detailed/110.shtml

http://skydiveairtight.com/

Great, hope you guys are jumping this Sunday. I am starting on Saturday from Ohio and will be in Oklahoma this Sunday.

Just checked.
They will be open SAT & SUN thru the winter... weather contingent.
You might put their number in your phone for when you get close.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

rjangra

***Christmas week? I think you're going to find most everything along that route closed for the winter until you get to California. Perris/Elsinore are open year round and aren't too far south of Rte 66.

I hope by "most everything" you meant all the Dropzones and not all the businesses. It will shuck if all the business were closed too.

Yeah, I meant dropzones! But I guess those Oklahomans are hardier than I expected (or it's warmer than I thought!), being open this time of year.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Andy9o8

Generally from Chicago to LA, you should find these: St. Louis and Joplin in Missouri; Oklahoma City; Amarillo TX; Gallup, New Mexico; Flagstaff, Winona and Kingman in Arizona; Barstow and San Bernardino in California.

Wow....that's nearly 2000 miles all the way.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Generally from Chicago to LA, you should find these: St. Louis and Joplin in Missouri; Oklahoma City; Amarillo TX; Gallup, New Mexico; Flagstaff, Winona and Kingman in Arizona; Barstow and San Bernardino in California.

Thanks Andy, that's exactly what I was looking for.