cjsgrlsx3

Visiting San Fransico Jan 18-25! Help me find a place to jump!

As the subject says, I am looking for a place to jump close to San Fransico that I can bring a couple tandems to as well as fun jump. I would love to hit up a balloon but not sure where to find one that I could also fun jump at once the balloon jump is done. So, where's the best place to go?

cjsgrlsx3

As the subject says, I am looking for a place to jump close to San Fransico that I can bring a couple tandems to as well as fun jump. I would love to hit up a balloon but not sure where to find one that I could also fun jump at once the balloon jump is done. So, where's the best place to go?

You have many good options in this area. I like Bay Area Skydiving but I'm sure all are good.

Regarding ballon jumps, I'm not aware any any place that does it regularly. I did once take a ballon ride up in NAPA valley, however it would not be a very good place to jump, since 90% of your potential landing area are (skydiver unfriendly) vineyards.

Hello!! There are a lot of places here, but it is getting to be winter, so weather is iffy. Skydance in Davis is a great DZ for both. I highly recommend Skydive SurfCity for the instructors and view, but they only do tandems... (You could try Monterey, but I hear they aren't as fun jumper friendly...)
There is a new dropzone, Skydive California, that has a lot of instructors from Byron and Davis.
Hope that helps!!

Good day all,

I highly recommend the two drop zones in Byron or Davis.

KaLexiSPEED

Hello!! There are a lot of places here, but it is getting to be winter, so weather is iffy. Skydance in Davis is a great DZ for both. I highly recommend Skydive SurfCity for the instructors and view, but they only do tandems... (You could try Monterey, but I hear they aren't as fun jumper friendly...)
There is a new dropzone, Skydive California, that has a lot of instructors from Byron and Davis.
Hope that helps!!

Skydive Monterey Bay simply pulled the plug on fun jumpers there after there was an incident there with a hidden camera in someone's glove, he jumped, had a premature deployment at 15,000 feet, passed out, landed injured, and sued the DZ making it an wild media circus.

In 2011 I went to Monterey bay and was turned away under blued skies, turning loads, and light winds after driving 2 hours to get there. I would stay away from them, and the same things goes for their sister DZ in Titusville, FL.

blues,
Fly High ... Don't "Get High"!

Byron is your closest DZ to SF and is friendly to visiting jumpers.

http://bayareaskydiving.com/

Unusual in that it does a ton of tandems yet is VERY up-jumper friendly. That's an unusual combo.

One thing great about Byron is that there are so many safe places to land out. Unlikely that you will ever need this as the Byron King Air drivers nail the spots with current wind info and GPS, but nice to have.

Clay, the DZO, jumps there all the time and keeps things moving. He cares about his customers and it shows. A DZ with an onsite owner runs much smoother than one without.

Skydive California is a few miles further than Byron, and currently is a Cessna DZ. It gets good reviews from my buddies who have jumped there.

http://skydivecal.com/?gclid=CPSf8dzOi8kCFUdlfgodjtUCdQ

Monterey was not so friendly to visiting up jumpers last time I was there, but maybe things have changed. The views are incredible and the 18K jumps are really fun. Puts you very close to Monterey and Pacific Grove which are great places to explore. To be fair to the DZ, they got sued by an injured newbie jumper who blamed bad rental gear as the cause, so they are understandably hyper vigilant.

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/blogs/news_blog/man-sues-marina-s-skydive-monterey-bay-over-skydiving-crash/article_c2f5feee-a89e-11e3-9225-001a4bcf6878.html

Never have jumped at Davis, Hollister or Cloverdale. I hear good things about Davis but know nothing about the other two.

Lodi is the cheapest DZ in the known universe and I like it, but it's a considerably longer drive for me than Byron. Tandems at Lodi are still only $100.

http://www.parachutecenter.com/

We are so fortunate in the SF Area. MANY DZs to choose from and even a tunnel:

https://sfbay.iflyworld.com/?gclid=CNKRvfXPi8kCFUSCfgod-acL5Q

If you want to tunnel fly check online for discount coupons, there are many. COSTCO often has a highly discounted prepaid tunnel card.