RichyR

Best place in USA to jump in Feb?

I think you best summed up the answer in your first post then, AZ, FL or CA. Is there a cost differential with your flight? What about room and board costs, car rental, anything else you might want to do in the area while you are here? All of that can eat into your available funds for jumping, so take those into account.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

RichyR

I'm visitng the USA next Feb to collect a rig.

Would like to get some jumping in.

Where's best at this time of year - Florida? Arizona? California?

Cheers

Skydive Arizona is your best bet for weather. But where is your rig being made? Going to the shop where your rig was made is always fun. Florida mainly Deland has a bunch of shops within walking distance.

dqpacker

Cheers

Skydive Arizona is your best bet for weather. But where is your rig being made? Going to the shop where your rig was made is always fun. Florida mainly Deland has a bunch of shops within walking distance.

What if his rig is being made in Sunriver, OR? Lovely that time of year ... for skiing or snowboarding. ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

dqpacker

Cheers

Yup Eloy is where I'd go. GOOD predictable weather, tunnel on site, world class coaching and jumping, Organisers every day.
Florida is to unpredictable with clouds.
Perris or Elsinore in Cali are also decent opitons.

My list would be
Eloy
Elsinore
Perris,
Deland/ Sebastian ZHilld Florida.

In that order.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

dqpacker

Cheers

Skydive Arizona is your best bet for weather. But where is youur rig being made? Going to the shop where your rig was made is always fun. Florida mainly Deland has a bunch of shops within walking distance.

The funny thing is it is sometimes cheaper to pick up gear from the state where it is NOT sold! Shipping is often cheaper than the taxes you would pay if you pick it up. Strange but true, depending on the state and value, etc.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Florida for sure is great! I'm visiting there in February from Germany every year.

You're having a lot of DZs within a few hours of drive but as of my experience the best are

Sebastian - extremly relaxed and friendly and by far the most beautiful view when jumping out of the plane. Free camping at the DZ. B|

Skydive City (Zephyrhills) - extreme relaxed and friendly as well and a great wingsuit community. Free camping and the option to rent a trailer.

DeLand - very professional but not the best place for a single fun jumper as of my experience.

All these DZs are open 7 days a week in February. Furthermore there is Lake Wales, Skydive Spacecenter and Skydive Spaceland not to far away from the first 3.

The weather can be cloudy and it might rain sometimes but I normally left with 50 - 60 jumps and when you can't jump there is the tunnel in Orlando. ;)

grimmie

Lots of good places to jump. Perris will have loads going on the week days. Elsinore and Tsunami/Go Jump in Oceanside will have loads cranking n the weekends. Have fun!

Yup:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

NWFlyer

Cheers

What if his rig is being made in Sunriver, OR? Lovely that time of year ... for skiing or snowboarding. ;)

Important feature.....OREGON has no sales TAX....

Ralph_G12

Unfortunately I've just found out about the Florida state tax that I'll have to pay on all my new gear if I collect there.

I assume what you mean is the sales tax and as much as I know that will be added in other states as well. ;)

Generally if you buy it and take delivery local sales taxes will apply. But if you buy it and have it shipped to you out of state no local taxes apply.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.