jdewey95

Public Transit Accessible DZ's from Boston

Hey everyone, I recently moved to Boston. Since the public transit is pretty reliable (and I'm a student) I don't have a car with me. Are there any DZ's that I can get to by public transit alone? I'm not opposed to relatively cheap busses and the commuter rail and such. Thanks.

Welcome to Boston. Skydive Pepperell is fairly close. Great vibe, solid training programs, variety of disciplines. Not aware of direct connection via public transportation, but we do get a lot of skydivers from the Boston area. Call manifest at 1 800 SKYJUMP to inquire about car pooling. Ask them about posting a message on "Banter." Spectacular foliage season just around the corner! (Skyventure NH wind tunnel is nearby, too.)

MIT has an active skydiving club that jumps at Jumptown in Orange. I'm sure you could hook up with them for rides. Also, both Jumptown and Pepperell will let you tent on the DZ if you want to stay the weekend. Both can provide breakfast as well.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

MIT has an active skydiving club that jumps at Jumptown in Orange. I'm sure you could hook up with them for rides. Also, both Jumptown and Pepperell will let you tent on the DZ if you want to stay the weekend. Both can provide breakfast as well.

Wendy P.

Thanks Wendy, Ill shoot them an email and see how I would go about that

Jumptown is also an excellent DZ. Great folks and programs, plus a central force in skydiving history. Reportedly the first commercial sport parachuting center in the US, beginning in the late '50's. (Dragged my folks to the World Parachuting Championships at Orange in '62 when I was 8.) My wife spent several excellent years there as a load organizer for Gary and Diane Pond, and the Massachusetts Sport Parachute Club.

Ask to join the "Skydive Pepperell Family" Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/skydivepepperellclassof2014/

and you can easily connect with jumpers traveling from Boston. Also, the Boston Express has buses from South Station up the Route 3 corridor with a stop at exit 8, which is about a 10 minute drive from the DZ. If you know when you'll be arriving, you should have no trouble finding someone to pick you up. Hell, if i was still living on the east coast, I'd pick you up myself :)